• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HP Latex 560 blacks have magenta/purple hue tint

TheLenster

I'm running prints using Onyx Thrive 18 and I have all profiles on. Images that have black or grayscale saturation are printing with a purple tint. I'm not sure if it's the printer ink or the onyx thrive software that is causing the issue. I'm new to latex printing and this issue is just one of many that I'm experiencing with this printer [HASHTAG]#hp560[/HASHTAG] . Any general thoughts and direction on what may be causing this would be helpful. I'm assuming that since I can't find any others discussing this problem via these forums or on the web, in general, it may be an issue somewhat exclusive to my machine/ process.
[HASHTAG]#hp560[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#onyx 18[/HASHTAG]

jpescobar

The reddish or pinkish tint is a common and known issue on HP Latex printers when you want to print in grayscale.

unclebun

Check out the "Advanced Black Generation", GCR, and Grayscale Swatch sections of the Onyx online help. There are adjustments and profiling sections of how to alter the CMY and K ratios in making gray and black.

TheLenster

Check out the "Advanced Black Generation", GCR, and Grayscale Swatch sections of the Onyx online help. There are adjustments and profiling sections of how to alter the CMY and K ratios in making gray and black.
Great! I'll try that. Thanks.