• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex 560 Media Width?

ktwigger

Forgive my ignorance on this one guys, but an internet search hasn't provided an answer and I've been working with this printer for over a year now and not encountered this issue before, so here goes.

I have a HP Latex 560 here at work. We are experimenting with a new material to print on, a microperf for interior signage for a client and the sample roll we received is 27" wide. Somehow the printer is cutting off a couple inches of the print. The print itself is 26.25" W, so I know this is not the problem. I've changed the settings in Onyx Thrive under the Print Setup tab, says 27", no problem there. I've double clicked and changed the RIP info for the individual print file to 27", no problems there. I even tried creating a new media profile just for this print, set at 27". However, under the Device Info tab, and on the printer itself under Roll, the media is listed as 24" wide, not the 27" I need. I know this is why it's cutting off the print, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change this so that the printer is reading correctly. Help!

The printer should read the media width down to the 1/10 inch during the load sequence. You can verify this value at the printer front panel, under the Substrate/ Media icon after the media has been loaded. It should be consistent with the physical width of the media.

The RIP also needs to have a roll width created of the same size. 27 inches is not a standard size that ships with Onyx, but 24 inch is. See attached screen grab that shows creation of a 27 inch roll media (note that the printable width would be 26.6in)

Attachments

• Onyx Page Size.JPG
    Onyx Page Size.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

ktwigger

I believe the printer automatically measuring (though obviously incorrectly) to be the problem. It looks like it's reading it at 24" and I don't see a way to fix that.

The RIP program is at 27", I created a profile just for it.

danno

click the gear beside "Placement" and turn off the Gutter Size and the Offsets and rerip the file. We have a 560 and sometime have that issue.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Once you’ve hit print, do you get the layout preview? On our Colorado sometimes I need to check the part that confirms media width before printing or it’ll try print the closest width I’ve used before.

I.e. if I send a 1000mm wide print and I’ve got 1370 selected in media options, but I’ve used 1220 before, when it gets to the printer it’ll ask for 1220 if I don’t confirm I want it 1370. Seems like a space saving thing but a bit annoying