• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions HP Latex 570 or Epson 80600

scorpion

Hi guys,

I would like to buy HP Latex 570 or Epson 80600 for day to day operation. I do not have any experience to choose between those. Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks

chafro

Depends on the work you do. Latex is more focused on variety printing and medium to low cost. Vinyl, banner, backlights, canvas. Epson will have way more quality, but the square feet cost of ink should be around double of the latex. Epson is more fit for high quality printing when printing cost is not an issue and lower print volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Christian @ 2CT Media

You don't have a experience but are comparing top of the line commercial printers. I don't recommend either of those unless you are doing 10,000sqft+ a month as the cost difference will not be made up.

But in my humble opinion I prefer latex over solvent in any situation although Epson seems to be making huge strides with their solvent machines in that techs last gasps.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi guys,

I would like to buy HP Latex 570 or Epson 80600 for day to day operation. I do not have any experience to choose between those. Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks

Something sounds fishy here. Neither of those models are for just day to day printing. What are your applications going to be?

Case

The speed and quality of the Epson S80 blows away any Latex printer on the market... Not bias here, I have both...

TomK

The speed and quality of the Epson S80 blows away any Latex printer on the market... Not bias here, I have both...
I just wish they made a smaller version, 36" or 44" version, if so I'd have one. I don't need another 64" printer.

usdsoccer

Had both...interestingly the Epson is actually cheaper ink cost per square foot when you consider how much ink the Latex needs to use to make a decent quality image. They both have ink usage calculators so your dealer should be able to easily do that comparison for you (since you probably won't believe a random person on the internet). Also Epson has "multi-packs" that take the ink price even lower than HP. Speed, quality, and running cost in Epson's favor.

Bly

Some Epson users are fanatics about the brand.
There's a local digital print house we do quite a bit of work for on our HPs cos their Epson is out of service so often.

TomK

Some Epson users are fanatics about the brand.
There's a local digital print house we do quite a bit of work for on our HPs cos their Epson is out of service so often.
Replace Epson with HP...same could be said.

Christian @ 2CT Media

That's true for every brand... I'm a latex fanatic of sorts due to what the tech has done for my business growth. It's been tremendously helpful for us.

Bly

Hey I have 3 HP latex and it isn't always rainbows and lollipops.
But for production you can't beat a machine you can load a full roll of vinyl and be confident of coming back at the end to a perfect product you can run straight through the laminator.
For signage you don't need absolute photo quality.

Last edited:

Jordan

For day to day, meaning you don't need super long runs or to immediately work with the material, why not consider the S60600? It's cheaper and faster than both of those, dries faster than the S80 thanks to the attached heater, and has comparable (sometimes better) quality to the latex. Plus with the double cmyk ink means bulk purchasing will be about as cost effective as the bulk setup with the 570.

Btw, I have a 360, 560, and an S80.