• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP latex garment printing

printndisplay

I am interested to start a t-shirt printing and heat transferring company.

I prefer to go with HP latex 310 or Mutoh 1324 or 1624 machine, latex machine versatile and can do more applications like wall, floor graphics and fine art reproduction. HP latex i was offered 28% discount on list price with free delivery, training and installation. But some industry experts advised latex ink may not be suitable for garment heat transfer.

Can anyone help me advising with their experience with HP latex machine Is Latex printer good to print on printable heat transfer media, is the machine durable and reliable?

Your suggestion will be a blessing.

Bly

Instead of asking the same question over and over how about reading people's responses to the same question:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...g-Latex-printer-to-print-tee-transfers-Anyone

Yes we use heat transfer films on our old L25500 and now on our L26500.

Siser prints awesome and lasts, we also use a few other brands. What RIP do you use?

I print Imprintables Warehouse Quickprint all the time using a standard vinyl profile with Flexi Photoprint on an HP L25500. It comes out perfect and is very durable.

dale911

President
I run a latex printer everyday and print a ton of banners, vinyl for signs and vehicle wraps, posters, canvas and more. What I don't print on this printer is heat transfer material for shirts. Before you think I am against shirt printing, I'll also tell you that I run a professional grade screen printing press and also do very occasional heat transfer printing using my epson artisan 1430. The 1430 will print up to 13x19 heat transfer prints directly from Corel with no issues and you can do cut marks to put it on your cutter if you want to cut away the excess material.

you have multiple problems with running a $10,000 latex printer for your shirts. The first being that you aren't going to print anything bigger than a 13x19 print for a garment unless you are doing an all over design, which means you need an additional $10k for the heat press. Also, if you are doing anything more than a handful of shirts, it's not cost effective to print designs. I can screen print shirts for a few pennies each and make much. More. An 8.5x11" heat transfer sheet costs nearly $1 each plus the printing on it. Add your printing, and waste for mistakes and then you need a cutter that will cut away the excess and you are in each shirt for big money. Much higher if you print from a latex machine that has a higher cost. Run your numbers first. You sound like you want a big printer but haven't figured out your business model yet. The basic equipment needed for what you are talking about if you get the latex is a cutter that does contour cutting which will cost up to $7k and a good heat press. If your gross profit per shirt was $5, you need to sell 2000 shirts. Don't forget that big printer also means big upkeep costs. My latex has 6 print heads at $100 each that need changing about every 3000ml of ink and each ink cartridge is $130 and there are 6 of those. Plus the cleaning cartridge at another $125 and the waste ink container at $30. Do your business plans projections before you spend a dime. It sounds like if you really want to spend a lot of money on a printer, get a garment printer. The cost per imprint is much less that heat transfer and you are only printing where you want image.

Danr2c2

I run a latex printer everyday and print a ton of banners, vinyl for signs and vehicle wraps, posters, canvas and more. What I don't print on this printer is heat transfer material for shirts. Before you think I am against shirt printing, I'll also tell you that I run a professional grade screen printing press and also do very occasional heat transfer printing using my epson artisan 1430. The 1430 will print up to 13x19 heat transfer prints directly from Corel with no issues and you can do cut marks to put it on your cutter if you want to cut away the excess material.

If you don't mind me asking, are you running dye sub or regular epson inks on your artisan 1430? Also, what transfer media are you using?

ericm

Siser color pu is your best option used a ton of it works great ...... we Run our 570’s 20 hrs a day so now we run all of our garments through a brother GTX’s