• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex L25500 just shutting down around 80%-90% of print

Dooka

So I have had HP change out all hardware just about, and I have updated Flexi for ripping, and now no one has an answer.
HP L25500 Latex shuts down around 80%-90% on files.
I cannot find a specific pattern, it happens on vector artwork and raster files.
It gives me a classic generic error code.
I noticed that once it happens, if I do not completely unplug the machine it will do it on every print.
It does happen at random but usually within 5 runs.

Anyone else experience this issue?
Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

What is the 'generic' error message that is generated when the error occurs? Even the 79.04 message includes sub codes that can be captured and these will give a clue to the source of the error.

neilchristie

gotta love the random shutdowns....LOL
I'm just going to fire a couple things at ya.....

-Have you ruled out your network as the problem? Try using a crossover (Although I'm pretty sure you can use a normal network cable nowadays) and directly connect the RIP computer to the Printer.
This usually involves a little creative networking but every shop should have a geek that knows the ropes.

-Turn off all power saver properties on that computer... Is it going to sleep after 10 minutes?

-As somebody mentioned earlier, you need to have ALL antivirus and firewall set to "off "....!!!! I've found that microsoft security essentials plays well with SAI but it's FREE and you get what you pay for....LOL

-What version of flexi are you running? I know there were "issues" with 10.0.3 and 10.0.4.
Also on the RIP front, have you reset your preferances? Course you need to have been backing them up in the first place.....

-Have you re-installed the RIP on another computer to rule out the computer?

-What is the exact error your getting on the HP? What Firmware are you running? It's up to 5.0.0.8
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...esId=3974848&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=228
I've had the dryer heater go and hit the wall a couple minutes after print (You don't want that)......

-One last item to look at is your power supply. They do funny (random) things if the power isn't right, just make sure it's not sharing with another piece of equipment. It needs two 15a plugs that have there own breakers. Look up the specs.

Look forward to hearing how you go

Cheers

Dooka

Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions,
I have to get the error code soon.

I do know that I am running webroot, and yes my computer does go to sleep after 10 minutes.
When I get back in the office I will check the firewalls and follow up on the other questions.

Thanks!