• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex L26500 Broken Bag Error26.4:10 or 13.2:10 or 01.2:10

Nehal

Hello,

I have HP Latex L26500 printer. In my printer Light Magenta keep rejecting cartridge after replacing to new cartridge.

It show me broken bag and ink went to Light Magenta air tube back of printer.

I have replaced to new cartridge after cleaning all ISS contacts & ink supply cartridge contacts with Petrol but keep rejecting new cartridge. I did following steps.

I have same problem.

After replacing Light Magenta to new cartridge got broken bag error.

What I did.

1) Try to recover broken bag from service menu no luck.

2) Replace new cartridge no luck

3) Replace bottom ISS no luck

4) Replace cartridge connector no luck

5) Reset EPROM no luck

6)Recover Hard Disk no luck

7)Force restore firmware no luck

8)Force install firmware no luck

9) Purge ink by injecting air in cartridge by locking cartridge & suck ink from carriage. To clear any air. (YouTube method)

10) Replaced 3 cartridge brand new but no luck

11) Use 789 ink cartridge in place of 792 & it says wrong cartridge so ISS reading cartridge & contacts is contacting cartridge.

This way I verified everything is talking to each other.

Why it is keep rejecting cartridge. All cables are ok.

Please help me......

Lunar Graphix

Button Pusher
IDK if this will help but on our R1000 we had a broken bag error once, and we had to clear the error code for it to take the new cartridge. Clearing the code was done in the service menu, and after that we did a bag replace diagnostic and followed the steps. Also had to replace a PIP sensor which had gotten a small amount of ink on it. The PIP sensor was the piece that the cartridge plugged into. Again not sure if any of this is relevant since we're on the hp r series but maybe this info will help you. Sorry you went down on a Saturday- that's the worst!

Nehal

Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply. We already clean connector with alcohol, petrol, air it is all nice and clean. We also replaced new. All electronic test pass. No short found. Ink Supply System talking to each other & other parts. Air pump is ok. All Cartridges holding air. All air test pass.Still no
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
luck. No help from HP.

Nehal

Have you tried restarting it?
I'd probably also try to start it with the 220 lines unhooked, or shut if off via the breakers on the back.
I always did this on my 25500 when it would act up.
Otherwise it sounds like you're further into your machine than I ever even considered on mine. Best of luck!
Hello,
Thank you so much for guide. I already disconnected all power cable many times. Also leave it for 1 day without any power supply. No luck at all.

jimboeejit

this is on a 25500 but same idea
have you made sure the contacts are clean/working for the cartridges?

Attachments

• IMG_20200826_141301.jpg
    IMG_20200826_141301.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_20200826_141328.jpg
    IMG_20200826_141328.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 314

Nehal

Hello,

I have HP Latex L26500 printer. In my printer Light Magenta keep rejecting cartridge after replacing to new cartridge.

It show me broken bag and ink went to Light Magenta air tube back of printer.

I have replaced to new cartridge after cleaning all ISS contacts & ink supply cartridge contacts with Petrol but keep rejecting new cartridge. I did following steps.

I have same problem.

After replacing Light Magenta to new cartridge got broken bag error.

What I did.

1) Try to recover broken bag from service menu no luck.

2) Replace new cartridge no luck

3) Replace bottom ISS no luck

4) Replace cartridge connector no luck

5) Reset EPROM no luck

6)Recover Hard Disk no luck

7)Force restore firmware no luck

8)Force install firmware no luck

9) Purge ink by injecting air in cartridge by locking cartridge & suck ink from carriage. To clear any air. (YouTube method)

10) Replaced 3 cartridge brand new but no luck

11) Use 789 ink cartridge in place of 792 & it says wrong cartridge so ISS reading cartridge & contacts is contacting cartridge.

This way I verified everything is talking to each other.

Why it is keep rejecting cartridge. All cables are ok.

Please help me......
Finally found solution>>>>>>>>>
Replaced faulty cartridge & it work...........I don't know why it happen. Faulty cartridge remain faulty & new cartridge solve problem.
I can use faulty cartridge as well by replacing chip on cartridge which is available from China.
Thanks guys helping.

Nehal

Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply. We already clean connector with alcohol, petrol, air it is all nice and clean. We also replaced new. All electronic test pass. No short found. Ink Supply System talking to each other & other parts. Air pump is ok. All Cartridges holding air. All air test pass.Still no View attachment 148652 View attachment 148653 View attachment 148654 View attachment 148655 View attachment 148656 luck. No help from HP.
Finally found solution>>>>>>>>>
Replaced faulty cartridge & it work...........I don't know why it happen. Faulty cartridge remain faulty & new cartridge solve problem.
I can use faulty cartridge as well by replacing chip on cartridge which is available from China.
Thanks guys helping.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If the printer marks it bad or broken it won't work after that. So even if you try 3 different carts before fixing the issue, most likely all of them all marked bad at that point.

Last edited:

jprout

Nobody ever discussed what actually fixes this issue on the L26500? Replacing cartridges gets costly when some of them have physically only worked for a couple weeks, resetting EPROM, replacing ISS etc... just seems like a bad work-around. Are all these non-HP cartridges only good for a week or so?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Nobody ever discussed what actually fixes this issue on the L26500? Replacing cartridges gets costly when some of them have physically only worked for a couple weeks, resetting EPROM, replacing ISS etc... just seems like a bad work-around. Are all these non-HP cartridges only good for a week or so?
What's there to discuss. OEM cartridges worked fine.

Old tech, time to scrap it and get a used 300.