• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Hp latex l26500 life extension

Peter Martins

As many of you will know the latex l26500 is end of life according to HP.

Many users and owners NOTv happy about this as these machines are still capable of producing great work and have a lot of life in them.

HP said last year that they would stop supporting them and manufacturing print heads ink buckets and printhead cleaning cassettes.

These are now getting very hard to acquire.
There are things two say about the situation.

Firstly I heard a rumour that due to the coronavirus HP have extended support until September this year 2020. It may be that due to shipping problems parts will still be hard to get hold of.

Secondly and more importantly we are working on how to support these printers after they've gone end of life.
We currently have in beta test work around solutions for printheads, print head cleaning cassettes and ink buckets.

We do not anticipate any problem with ink cartridges as these are available widely from many suppliers.

Parts such as as encoder strips fans and filters are we think are common to arrange of other HP printers so should continue to be available.

Other parts such as heaters main boards hard drives power supplies should be available on the internet and eBay for a long time to come as many people will be breaking the machines for spares.

Also we currently rebuild tube systems for these printers.

I'm new to this forum and will probably subscribe to the vendor page so I can sell you my solutions.

All of this also applies to l25500 printer

Thanks for reading

DPD

I'd be interested in what you are doing because I have an l26500. When you have more of a plan post it on the forum

DPD

I was on the phone with HP tech support just yesterday. The L26500 goes into EOL on 8/30