• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex printers.....

Johnny Best

Ironchef just spent $1,000 on electrician to hook up 220 line and ordered new latex printer. You guys are freaking him out.

jayhawksigns

Does kind of depend on the printer, someone get me a service manual for the 5x0 series and I'll let you know. (I was sooooo close to one, yet so far away)

ironchef

Well I actually ended up paying way less. The 1000 bucks Quote was too add a sub panel and run a separate tube/cables to the printer area for the two 220s but I called a different guy. And he noticed that I already had 2 220 breakers. One was for the screen printing oven /dryer that I already knew of, and the other 220 wasn't being used. So I had a little miracle with that. So my first guy either didn't notice that or did and was trying to get more money or of me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jayhawksigns

Good to hear, not everyone is out to take you for whatever they can. Probably also means you will call him first next time.

So when is delivery/installation?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Don't get me started on the HP360. Absolutely the worst printer to operate!

What should be and used to be with previous printer a 3 step operation is now 10 steps and a lot of "babysitting"

Let's say you used a printer for 5-8yrs with great results, most everyone in the shop could run it with ease. Colors were dead on even using the same profile for all medias. Load and print, change media load and print etc.
Printer breaks hard, time to get a new one. Now, because of the complexity to operate, only one dedicated person can run it without problems. You have to choose from 20 different print profiles and still cannot produce the same colors from the previous printer. Loading /unloadig is cumbersome, can't use the autocut for banner stock, colors suck

Done got me started!

dale911

President
Don't get me started on the HP360. Absolutely the worst printer to operate!

What should be and used to be with previous printer a 3 step operation is now 10 steps and a lot of "babysitting"

Let's say you used a printer for 5-8yrs with great results, most everyone in the shop could run it with ease. Colors were dead on even using the same profile for all medias. Load and print, change media load and print etc.
Printer breaks hard, time to get a new one. Now, because of the complexity to operate, only one dedicated person can run it without problems. You have to choose from 20 different print profiles and still cannot produce the same colors from the previous printer. Loading /unloadig is cumbersome, can't use the autocut for banner stock, colors suck

Done got me started!

You should be able to get fantastic colors if you use an I1 to go through each media and tweak the print profile. I use Onyx and it's pretty straight forward and easy. My first printer was a L25500 with no experience in printing at all or really even sign making except for a few things I made with a Chinese plotter. I still use the 25500 and can break it down if needed to fix things. Had to replace a fan a few months ago. It was over $200 from HP. I bought the exact same part for $15.

My challenge is with my Mimaki that I bought new last year. The white ink needs to be used consistently or it will settle in the dampers and stop all ink flow to the print head for both white channels. Looking at the UCJV300 as an additional printer to do my white ink work. (The Mimaki UV printer recirculate the ink to keep it from settling but the solvent printers do not) I do almost exclusively wholesale printing and haven't gotten to the level of needing an EFI or Dhurst so this may be the next thing to fill a void for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk