• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Latex R1000 Pro or R2000 feedback

After seeing this printer last year at Printing United in Dallas we were almost ready to pull the trigger but we decided to get another 3000 series. Now we are looking for flatbed / cutting combo as we also have a Multicam 3000 5x10 without a cutting knife. Do any of you use Multicam to print and cut direct printing?
If so how is it working for you? We love latex technology and we wouldn't consider UV. We have heard of Cole and Summa but what works best for these latex flatbeds?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't think it really matters that much. Summa, Konsberg, Zund etc. Its more a question of what you need. At least the ink doesn't chip like some UV inks do.

You are not already cutting something from the roll printers? Can't use those cutters?

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
UV is better for rigid substrates as an FYI. it does depends what you plan to print with it

LarryB

After seeing this printer last year at Printing United in Dallas we were almost ready to pull the trigger but we decided to get another 3000 series. Now we are looking for flatbed / cutting combo as we also have a Multicam 3000 5x10 without a cutting knife. Do any of you use Multicam to print and cut direct printing?
If so how is it working for you? We love latex technology and we wouldn't consider UV. We have heard of Cole and Summa but what works best for these latex flatbeds?

I have a HP FB500 and a MultiCam 3000 router and flatbed print and router cut afterwards without any issues. No issues with ink chipping after router cutting.

Jrdn

I imagine most any of the flatbed cutters will work just fine. We have the summa 1812 and it works beautifully for most substrates. The latex inks are pretty durable and I'm not seeing any edge chipping at all, but I'm finding the very hard surface substrates like acrylic and ACM the ink does scratch relatively easily.... so if you plan to print to and cut those materials, definitely look seriously at the dust/debris extraction efficiency of whatever cutter you're considering. The CFM on our vacuum exceeds the recommended specs but the overall extraction is pretty underwhelming...we are already looking into an upgraded system. Currently on these harder substrates, we are getting alot of debris dragging across the surface of the prints as it routes.