• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Logistics and Parts support SUCKS!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Need to let this one fly: Startup my 850 monday morning....have an error message. Turns out its telling me the secondary ink bladder broke...needs to be replaced. Ok, HP should have the part available....simple enough thought. Get on phone with support....give them all the info..etc...Part supposed to be here Yesterday.
1030 rolls around...no Fedex...no UPS....no part yet. Call to check status, "Oh...nobody told you its not available?" WTF is that??!!! Then I am told part wont be here till MAYBE the 19th. OMFG....If I could shoot through the phone the guy wouldve been dead. Start burning up my salesman and National Sales Director Cell phones....trying to get something done. No luck there...
Finally get a call from Support again, "We can send you a box of a dozen of these...." Huh? Cant break one or 2 out and ship to me? Whatever...get them to me 1030 in AM.
Today, wednesday rolls around...815 get the call. "Bad news....system says available...but didnt ship" Now I am going to be sick. Scathing emails now sent to my salesman and the National sales director about this BS...lack of parts??!!

If you are thinking of buying ANY HP....I guess you need to ask the sales guy if they make sure parts are ALWAYS available.

End of rant for now. Will let you know how it goes as day progresses....

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I was planning on running it on the Latex. We have the solvent printer available as well to run the job on.

Actually...this one person I am speaking with on the phone has been very helpful, though the bearer of bad news. The tech who was here on site a couple months ago was Very good and I was impressed with how well he took care of our issue at the time.

I guess it simply goes with how a huge corporation like HP can be. Good people from time to time with horrible policies and bureaucratic nonsense.

Suz

Bill,
Hope you get it worked out quicker than it is looking right now. Nightmare! Sorry you are having a difficult time. Hopefully they will step it up for you and it won't be such a setback. Good luck, let us know how it goes. Sending good thoughts and all positive stuff your way!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We are up and running!!!! Printing a roll of backlit as we speak.....

So...long and short of this week's experience with HP and "lack of logistics":
They dont stock enough spare parts to keep printers up and running basically. I have heard from numerous sources that they just dont keep stuff on the shelves and would rather attempt to bring in from other regions...and regions being CONTINENTS!!! South America...Asia...Europe....how crazy is that??!!

They really need to have a constant flow of the items that are being used up. I have to say that other companies I have printers from are much better supplied and really on the ball with the parts. This really makes me re-think a few things for the future as far as equipment purchases and growth of my company.

This is the only way to keep from falling victim to HP BS. Make sure you have every single part that is needed. The cost of going down is priceless...

Attachments

• IMAG0437.jpg
    IMAG0437.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 70

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Final addendum to this whole thing:

I cannot fault individual people on this. Everyone I spoke to on the phone...whether tech support, sales or tech managers were very understanding and apologetic for the situation that I was put in with my printer. Mike is right in that pic, I think in order to keep up and running you have to have shelves of parts. I cannot fault anyone but the company in general for their policies on keeping parts stocked and at the ready for situations that can arise with any user. I love this printer and it has been an amazing addition for us.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"Mike is right in that pic, I think in order to keep up and running you have to have shelves of parts."

Or as an alternative be really good friends with guys named Mike...

Good to hear that you have it sorted out (sort of)

wayne k
guam usa

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
That's unfortunate for you. HP Customer Service has always been above and beyond anything you'd expect from a global mega multi nation corp. for me.