• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP PrintOS: re-inventing print production

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I know this isn't for everyone, but everyone should listen. The Print OS from HP is pretty amazing for what it can do for production. How much time is wasted checking clients files that are bad? This makes it so your CSR's can process more jobs throughout the day, it's a file submission app that helps simplify automation. This FREE app simplifies file receipt from clients, content validation & file routing directly to production.

I meant to say its free when you purchase an HP-115, 330, or 335. We are seeing people jump into the 115 just so they can utilize the app with all their other production machines.

If you have some time to really see what this is all about, listen to this recorded webinar: HP PrintOS: re-inventing print production

bannertime

Few questions, isn't it just part of the PrintOS that's free and the art app "Box" only FREE for a promotional period of time? Outside of that, don't you have to provide a PrintOS email to customers? Or get them to sign up on a self-branded upload tool, which isn't embedable into your own website?

Seems cool, being able to proof files directly from a browser and have them sent directly into hot folders or even right into production, but it's hardly ever that simple.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Few questions, isn't it just part of the PrintOS that's free and the art app "Box" only FREE for a promotional period of time? Outside of that, don't you have to provide a PrintOS email to customers? Or get them to sign up on a self-branded upload tool, which isn't embedable into your own website?

Seems cool, being able to proof files directly from a browser and have them sent directly into hot folders or even right into production, but it's hardly ever that simple.

I will find out, I know you can implement the program into your website.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

The Application Center (Signage Suite and Wallart) are free. Print Beat is free. Box will likely be a subscription-based model, and without giving away the target price (because it’ll likely change; not because it’s some super secret) it will be extremely competitive compared against Aleyant tFlow which is a product that is very similar in scope.

For end-users to use the Application Center there are three ways to do so:

1. Provide a clickable link to the application through email or on a PSP’s website
  2. Integration with Wordpress through WooCommerce, a third-party plugin that powers more than 28% of all online stores
  3. Direct integration into a PSP’s website through API calls – this requires a web developer but also provides the most customization.

For end-users to submit files to Box there is a portal that requires access granted by the administrator; below are some screenshots – the logo and background image are customer-changeable, and the site name is dependent on what the PSP names the account. The username is whatever email address the customer would like, but like tFlow it does require a unique login for each user, otherwise there would be potential confidentiality issues with files floating around that anyone could view…or the user would never receive feedback regarding the process.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Here is how HP Print OS Mobile app compares to the others.

Attachments

• mobileosvscomp.JPG
    mobileosvscomp.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 108