• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB500 - clogged nozzles

FrankW

Because of a repair which have taken a few days because of haven't found the problem immediately and time for delivery of spare parts, a FB500 of one of my customers haven't cleaned correctly during some days. Nearly every nozzle was clogged, but while the CMYK-Nozzles are working fine again after a little work, the white nozzles (Lc- and Lm-heads) seems to be permanently clogged.

Are there any ideas of cleaning that heads successfully even if the inks have dryed in the nozzles?

Thank you very much.

C

ColoPrinthead

That sounds horrible, and the waiting on parts all too familiar. You might try soaking the heads with flush over night.

Jayefkay531

This may be a stupid question - but has he tried a performance purge and several recovery jet patterns (the big black bar print)? I had a few clogged nozzles and after a few printhead cleanings, purges, and recover jet patterns, I had most restored to good use. Then mapped the jets for replacement and it looks good now. If he's tried this, I would complain with HP that the service technicians didn't properly prepare for extended downtime of the printheads

LarryB

Whenever I have had clogged heads I did a head soak by cutting a piece of coroplast and put the wipes on it soaked with flush. Tape the coroplast underneath to the heads. Let it soak for a couple hours. This has worked for me.

FrankW

Thank you for the replies. Yes, a Performance Purge was done several times, thats why the CMYK-Heads are working good until now. And they are using original inks.

Good idea to put something soaked with flush below the print heads. I know that from filling cap tops with flush on Rolands and Mutohs, but this machine haven't caps.

bottomsignco

Whenever I have had clogged heads I did a head soak by cutting a piece of coroplast and put the wipes on it soaked with flush. Tape the coroplast underneath to the heads. Let it soak for a couple hours. This has worked for me.
Hi, hopefully someone can still help with this. Did you have any issues with the ink not sticking to substrate after using this method? We have done multiple purges after and still the ink is cracking and has no adhesion or cure to it. Good news is the black definitely looks better than it did before. Any help is greatly appreciated.