• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Scitex FB500 - keep material flat

Alex Stevenson

Hi, need help with this please, any advice appreciated!
Basically, I'm trying to print on leather using our HP Scitex FB500, I'm putting the leather on board first and taping the edges of the material as they curl up, problem is that the centre of the leather is bulging up and therefore causing head strikes. Does anyone know a way of keeping the material 100% flat on a board, some sort of low tack double sided tape that I can put on first and then apply the leather? Please help! :)

Hi, need help with this please, any advice appreciated!
Basically, I'm trying to print on leather using our HP Scitex FB500, I'm putting the leather on board first and taping the edges of the material as they curl up, problem is that the centre of the leather is bulging up and therefore causing head strikes. Does anyone know a way of keeping the material 100% flat on a board, some sort of low tack double sided tape that I can put on first and then apply the leather? Please help! :)

3m spray adhesive I print on all kinds of materials . If you use a different brand like gorilla glue or loctite it won’t come off 3m spray adhesive is removable .

Chrxs

I'd suggest t obuild a kind of frame, you can clamp the printing material in it. Another possibility; you can use double sided carpet tape to stick the material to the board, the areas of the leather where the double sided tape has contact, mask off beforehand. regards