Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Scitex FB500 Repair in Memphis?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ChrisBrunner, Nov 6, 2014.

1. ChrisBrunner

ChrisBrunner New Member

Nov 6, 2014
    First post, hello everyone!

I'm about to purchase an FB500 to break into flatbed printing and need a good tech in the Memphis area that works on this particular machine. Any recommendations?

*Please note I'm currently unfamiliar with flatbed printing so keep jargon at level 1.*

2. hydo1

hydo1 Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Portland
    You might want to look into the printer's eligibility for a service contract. It might seem like a lot of money but when something goes down it will most likely pay for itself.

3. ChrisBrunner

ChrisBrunner New Member

Nov 6, 2014
    I'm buying it used, I'm not sure where to look into something like that or if it would be offered on used equipment, ideas?

4. hydo1

hydo1 Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Portland
    I guess you could get the printer's serial # and call HP. If the company you are buying it from already had a service plan, maybe you can continue it? Sorry I can't be of more help.

5. G3

G3 New Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    FB500 service contract

TRUST ME.... if you can get a service contract through HP, do so!

The replacement parts (especially new printheads) are astronomically pricey and a service contract allows you so many printhead replacements per year.

Gary
    FB500 operator in Charlotte, NC

6. Molenbeek

Molenbeek Merchant Member

May 1, 2007
    Nationwide
    Take a look at the CET Color Q5-250H. its also a 64" hybrid UV printer that has the roll to roll and steel belt/ vacuum system. There aren't used ones out there that i know of but they are very affordable printers- starting at $62,500

7. Turnergraphics

Turnergraphics Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Boiling Springs,SC
    fb500

How often are new heads needed? I've had mine for a year