• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB500 Repair in Memphis?

ChrisBrunner

First post, hello everyone!

I'm about to purchase an FB500 to break into flatbed printing and need a good tech in the Memphis area that works on this particular machine. Any recommendations?

*Please note I'm currently unfamiliar with flatbed printing so keep jargon at level 1.*

hydo1

You might want to look into the printer's eligibility for a service contract. It might seem like a lot of money but when something goes down it will most likely pay for itself.

First post, hello everyone!

I'm about to purchase an FB500 to break into flatbed printing and need a good tech in the Memphis area that works on this particular machine. Any recommendations?

*Please note I'm currently unfamiliar with flatbed printing so keep jargon at level 1.*

ChrisBrunner

I'm buying it used, I'm not sure where to look into something like that or if it would be offered on used equipment, ideas?

hydo1

I guess you could get the printer's serial # and call HP. If the company you are buying it from already had a service plan, maybe you can continue it? Sorry I can't be of more help.

G3

FB500 service contract

TRUST ME.... if you can get a service contract through HP, do so!

The replacement parts (especially new printheads) are astronomically pricey and a service contract allows you so many printhead replacements per year.

Gary
FB500 operator in Charlotte, NC

Molenbeek

Take a look at the CET Color Q5-250H. its also a 64" hybrid UV printer that has the roll to roll and steel belt/ vacuum system. There aren't used ones out there that i know of but they are very affordable printers- starting at $62,500

Turnergraphics

fb500

TRUST ME.... if you can get a service contract through HP, do so!

The replacement parts (especially new printheads) are astronomically pricey and a service contract allows you so many printhead replacements per year.

Gary
FB500 operator in Charlotte, NC

How often are new heads needed? I've had mine for a year