• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Scitex Fb550 margin issues

Why would our FB550 flatbed automatically set margins (seems random) when I send a file to it from Onyx? (see attached photo)

I've looked through media settings in onyx and cant find anything that might explain it.
I've looked back through some of the stored files in the 550 and the phantom Margin settings seen to be the same adjustments (-0.200/-0.300) with the exception of a few files. Yet we have no margins set up in the printer. At this point we haven't been able to isolate when or a common circumstance that its happening. IF we could figure that out maybe we can stop it from doing it because its crating nightmares with double sided printing.

Charles

Attachments

• IMG-8207.JPG
    IMG-8207.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 373
  • IMG-8208.JPG
    IMG-8208.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG-8209.JPG
    IMG-8209.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG-8210.JPG
    IMG-8210.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 256

FrankW

The printer doesn‘t set margins, if not specially configured to do so, or the machine is misaligned. I would check the default media formats configured through „Manage Printers“ in the file menu.

greysquirrel

everything coming from onyx should be set to left margin. Do not try to use onyx to "move" the print on the board. That needs to be done at the printer. If you do it through onyx it will create imaginary margins and throw things off randomly.