• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp Scitex Fb550, Printing Plywood

Ryan Scott

I'm trying to make a sign for my wife as a gift, and I have an old pallet that's an inch thick. I follow all the loading steps, tell it the thickness is an inch to two inches and when the carriage starts to move out to measure the media, it hits it every time. I never have this issue with other substrates. The piece doesn't look too warped but maybe it'd be better to go with a solid piece? Just looking for ideas.

C

ColoPrinthead

You definitely need a good flat piece. I have had issues with the FB500 overriding my manually inpyut media thickness in the past. You and also create a sort of shim to fool the thickness sensor.

Ryan Scott

You definitely need a good flat piece. I have had issues with the FB500 overriding my manually inpyut media thickness in the past. You and also create a sort of shim to fool the thickness sensor.

Good to know, thanks. I'll stop at Home Depot or Lowes and pick something up.