• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Scitex FB700 Error: A-UV-52 UV lamp current not detected

Lindquist

I have an ongoing problem with my HP Scitex FB700. I have an error that repeatedly shows up despite my trying several solutions. The only temporary fix we have found is to shut down the printer, let it sit for several minutes, and turn it back on. This is leading a lot of lost time.

A-UV-52 UV lamp current not detected

CAUSE: No current is detected when UV lamps are on.

RECOVERY: Allow lamps to cool and try restarting. If problem continues, replace the UV lamp bulb or contact your HP Authorized Representative or your HP Customer Care Center.

When this message first appeared, the lamps were over their 500 hour guaranteed life, but were still under the ~800 hours I usually get out of them. When the error continued to appear, I decided to go ahead and swap the lamps. That was a couple weeks ago now, but I am still seeing this error almost every day - sometimes multiple times.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

JesseL

I'm not sure what our error code were but We had same kind of problem with our fb500 a year ago. Technics had to replace whole lamp housing unit. Luckily our printer were under the warranty back then.

uvgerard

UV lamp failure HP FB700

I have an ongoing problem with my HP Scitex FB700. I have an error that repeatedly shows up despite my trying several solutions. The only temporary fix we have found is to shut down the printer, let it sit for several minutes, and turn it back on. This is leading a lot of lost time.

A-UV-52 UV lamp current not detected

CAUSE: No current is detected when UV lamps are on.

RECOVERY: Allow lamps to cool and try restarting. If problem continues, replace the UV lamp bulb or contact your HP Authorized Representative or your HP Customer Care Center.

When this message first appeared, the lamps were over their 500 hour guaranteed life, but were still under the ~800 hours I usually get out of them. When the error continued to appear, I decided to go ahead and swap the lamps. That was a couple weeks ago now, but I am still seeing this error almost every day - sometimes multiple times.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I am not familiar with the power supply used in your FB700 but I am familiar with the UV lamp. Your FB700 uses HP lamp part number CH231A. This is a lamp we manufacture with a street price of $155.00.

UV lamp CH231A is designed for snap-in installation. Ease of replacement is its main attribute. This style lamp requires one pay close attention to the condition of the lamp holder (lamp socket). It is imperative the lamp holder (located in UV lamp housing) be kept clean. Both time and heat cause the spring contact in the lamp holder to relax causing poor electrical contact. Inspect and replace lamp sockets at the first sign of wear. Always be sure the lamp is seated correctly in the lamp holder. It is extremely easy to think UV lamp is correctly inserted when it is not. This is the first place to look should your lamp fail to light.

As UV lamps get older their overating voltage tends to rise. At some point your power supply may not be able to maintain lamp operation and the lamp goes out. Your solution might be as simple as installing an new UV lamp.

If your lamp is lighting you may have a sensor input issue, perhaps a loose connection. Yours might be a solid state power supply and if that is the case it may be an expensive fix. Good luck.

wunder

first...change the UV cable from left to right so you have controlled if this issue from cable.
Next step is the housing...there is temp controller inside this can be the troublemaker.

Garth423

I’m having this issue. Both lamps I just replaced and seem to be working just fine but the problem continues. Same error message

Garth423

Most of you probably know this already but since I’m new to this machine I didn’t. I decided to replace the bulbs with aftermarket ones from cureUV.com and this is what my issue was. As soon as I put the HP lamps in it worked fine. Lessons learned