• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP Scitex FB750 UV Lamp Error, Cannot print

Andrew Hodgson

Hello, when I try to print something, I get an error for the UV Lamps, but this error does not show up with an error message. On the home screen, it just says "Error" on the right side.

3Wf2ttz.jpg

The lamps are at about 650 hours and I am waiting for new bulbs to be mailed to me.

Potentially related error messages

"A-UV-1 UV lamps not parked at user or service end"

For this, I tried to reset the carriage using the below recovery method but the red light did not turn green when I moved the carriage to the home position.

OmqyiBJ.jpg

"E-LV-10 Headboard LVDS Cable Failure"

I believe I have gotten this message before when I opened the output door after doing maintenance. I would just clear the message and was able to print.

pEpZoDI.jpg

pkeshtgani

It’s a easy fix. You would need to get inside the uh lamp calibration menu and recliberate the UV lamps home position. The instructions is inside the service manual.

Glavin_ID

We used to get a UV lamp error all the time that ended up being related to the electrical running to the machine. It only happened when the lamps were on and the machine was not printing. We could just clear it out and get back to printing (not sure what the error code was but I think it was something about the power to the lamps). It was really just an inconvenience especially when running multiple sheets/jobs. We had the machine wired to a circuit that had an electrical load that fluctuated and the tech told us that when it went over a certain limit, it would trigger that error. We eventually re-wired it to a more stable circuit and it hasn't happened since. Not sure if this helps at all but maybe it will provide some other avenues to look at.

Andrew Hodgson

We used to get a UV lamp error all the time that ended up being related to the electrical running to the machine. It only happened when the lamps were on and the machine was not printing. We could just clear it out and get back to printing (not sure what the error code was but I think it was something about the power to the lamps). It was really just an inconvenience especially when running multiple sheets/jobs. We had the machine wired to a circuit that had an electrical load that fluctuated and the tech told us that when it went over a certain limit, it would trigger that error. We eventually re-wired it to a more stable circuit and it hasn't happened since. Not sure if this helps at all but maybe it will provide some other avenues to look at.

Thanks Glavin_ID, I believe this could be the same issue we had for our printer. I turned off the printer, unplugged the machine and plugged it back in. One thing I did not know is that the plug has to turn to the right after it is in the socket. The machine worked again after we turned the printer back on. If this continues to happen, we will plan to work on the electrical for the printer.

Thanks for the help guys!!