• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Service?!? Latex 360

Graphikal

In upstate NY, machine is down, and can't get resolution to a 'Scan Axis' error. It's been happening consistently since we purchased our L360 last January. Replaced parts under warranty, threw some more in last week ($1K+), was up for a few hours so HP closed the ticket. Down again, and they start a new service ticket. It's been almost 2 weeks now!!!! Work is backed up and I can't get any satisfaction speaking with HP. Just a technician, or scheduling rep, etc., and of course they have no interest whether I'm up and running or not. Even the HP Latex Knowledge Center has appeared to be down, forum is down . . . I'm exasperated, customers are angry, I'm turning away job opportunities left and right.

Machine was purchased from Grimco, and I was told they have a service guy. Called him - doesn't call back.

Does anybody know who I can call to get this fixed?!??? HP has no interest in helping their customers after the sale. I'm amazed at how they couldn't care less, their attitude on the phone ("So what do you want me to do?"), and how it takes a week to get someone to come out! And even the service guy says he works mostly on desktop printers and isn't that familiar with large format or latex. (!!!!!) I don't know where to turn, and have tried everything we can think of. Can someone offer any thoughts? We're desperate at this point.

Thanks in advance -

Christian @ 2CT Media

Do you have a good relationship with your Grimco Sales rep? If so I would start by pounding them and making them bark for you. If not find a better service provider.

Are you in or out of warranty?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
In upstate NY, machine is down, and can't get resolution to a 'Scan Axis' error. It's been happening consistently since we purchased our L360 last January. Replaced parts under warranty, threw some more in last week ($1K+), was up for a few hours so HP closed the ticket. Down again, and they start a new service ticket. It's been almost 2 weeks now!!!! Work is backed up and I can't get any satisfaction speaking with HP. Just a technician, or scheduling rep, etc., and of course they have no interest whether I'm up and running or not. Even the HP Latex Knowledge Center has appeared to be down, forum is down . . . I'm exasperated, customers are angry, I'm turning away job opportunities left and right.

Machine was purchased from Grimco, and I was told they have a service guy. Called him - doesn't call back.

Does anybody know who I can call to get this fixed?!??? HP has no interest in helping their customers after the sale. I'm amazed at how they couldn't care less, their attitude on the phone ("So what do you want me to do?"), and how it takes a week to get someone to come out! And even the service guy says he works mostly on desktop printers and isn't that familiar with large format or latex. (!!!!!) I don't know where to turn, and have tried everything we can think of. Can someone offer any thoughts? We're desperate at this point.

Thanks in advance -

Call Grimco and speak to the head honcho at that branch and demand they do your printing until they get your printer back up and running!!

jayhawksigns

The one thing I seem to of found, through recommendations of others here, is be sure to call in and note every time you have an issue with HP. Now it seems like in your case its either working or not, where as for my issues it didn't completely shutdown operations. And the fact that they like to close tickets at the drop of a hat is irritating.

We have a good relationship with out local Grimco branch, and our sales rep for the printers we have bought was willing to go to bat once he understood the issue and that HP wasn't moving as quickly as we felt they needed to in trying to resolve it. We got to the point we were calling and talking with the head tech at Grimco in trying to get our issue resolved.

May not be the route you want to go, but have you downloaded the service manual to see if there is anything you can do?

Graphikal

Thanks everyone. Parts have gone in and out . . . motors, boards,etc., but I started losing track of what they were swapping out. We had 8 boxes arrive that looked enough to rebuild the entire unit. Good news is that it's up and running now, but after two weeks. Blows my mind. Grimco's service guy never did get back to me. Our rep returned my call, after three days, and said he would get involved, but I think by then HP had already just about arrived at the solution after it was escalated to Level III. The thing that ticked me off the most was complete lack of communication from HP, and how hard it was getting updates. I tell my guys at work all the time - keep the customer informed! Just letting them know we are on the ball, the job is in the works, when we plan to have it to them, what problems we may encounter, etc., gives them peace of mind. We brokered quite a bit of work in the two weeks, salvaged our relationships, and are now back in business. I'm just really disappointed in HP, who I've always loved prior to this.

Thanks again!