• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP335 Print & Cut - Cutter randomly advances media while cutting

Steve Murphy

Hi guys, new member from Australia here. I have a HP335 latex print & cut combo. When cutting plain coloured vinyl on the plotter (which I believe is a rebranded Summa) it will stop cutting at a random time and advance a certain amount through and then run it back to where it stopped and continue cutting. Is there a way to turn this off? Has anybody else experienced this? Thanks for any help!

Steve Murphy

It sounds like a paneling or prefeed option might be enabled.
Thanks for the reply. I am using Flexisign and can't see any option for prefeed and from what I can see I don't have any paneling options checked. It tends to happen mostly when cutting something approximately 1 meter or longer so I guess it could be a paneling issue? Might have a dig through the settings and see what I can find. Cheers

RustyNZ

It's usually in the cutter settings. Dig up a user guide and you will find the paneling settings.
GCC cutters have what sounds like a similar setting. 'Auto Unrolled Media', while this is enabled any time you cut it will roll off 500mm slowly then roll back and start cutting, it does that every 500mm through the job. Can be useful for media which sticks to the roll so it slowly pulls some off before it starts cutting at higher speeds. This setting is set on the cutter, not the software. I'm not aware of a Flexi setting for that but it could exist.

Joe House

It's a setting on the plotter itself, but I don't remember what it's called. But it does that to help with tracking. I will see if I can find that setting and get back with you on it.

Good luck

Steve Murphy

Thanks for your help guys. I went through the plotter settings and there is a 'panel' option in there. It was set to OFF but there was a 50cm option in the panel tab that was checked. I have changed that to 0mm in the hope that will fix it. If that doesn't work i'll change it to 250cm which is the highest it will go and see what happens.