• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP370 printing dimensions differ on left & right sides?

RobbyMac

Hey gang,
been a while since I've been on.
We printed a bunch of 4x8 panels recently, and wound up with alignment issues across panels.
Eventually discovered that the lengths of each print were up to 3/16" different from one side to the other (over the 96.5" length).

It appears to be inconsistent. (ie not stretching or shrinking on the same side of the printer) Of 7 panels printed, one panel was identical dimensions on the left and right side. All other panels have a deviation between 1/16" to 3/16" difference.

We ran these on Avery 2903. We've run on this regularly in the past with no issues.
Onyx 11 rip. No recent changes in the machine. Last updated firmware past fall. I see a firmware update in there but am hesitant to update at the moment.

I've seen posts on issues with prints bowing (and trying to line up cuts) but we've never ran across that.
I'm stumped as to what might be happening here.

AF

Welcome to latex!

Bowing is caused by heat distortion of the media, and likely what you are experiencing. Unless you were using the take-up and the media wasn’t pulling straight with even pressure.

RobbyMac

Perhaps it is not pulling evenly on the take up. I will check with our printer operator.
This is like bowing, except it's bowed on one side, and not the other (vs bowing down the middle of the material)