• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP570: paper suddenly not advancing out printer

Tyler322

Hi,

I'm having a very strange problem that just started, where the paper is not advancing out the printer. It started as a vertical blur throughout prints. I cancelled the job the first time I saw the blur, then as it starts to advance out the printer to cure the rest of the print, it just stops advancing. I didn't notice at first, but after a minute I grabbed the paper and manually helped it. It started advancing when I helped it, then it reversed back into the printer like it should, but as it did not fully complete its curing wet ink got all over the pinch rollers. After repeating this 2 more times. I went into the advance calibration option and the calibration it prints, is all over the place totally wrong. This printer is less than a year old, I'm using Flexi 19.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You didn't by accident also cancel the curing process? Because if you hit the red cross twice it will cancel the curing.
Strange thing is that it would pull it back behind the pinches, because it never does that and shouldn't do so.

A picture of the calibration that is totally wrong? Have you cleaned the OMAS window? Running newest firmware?
Also just switch the power off from the back, let is sit for a minute and then turn in back on again.

Tyler322

You didn't by accident also cancel the curing process? Because if you hit the red cross twice it will cancel the curing.
Strange thing is that it would pull it back behind the pinches, because it never does that and shouldn't do so.

A picture of the calibration that is totally wrong? Have you cleaned the OMAS window? Running newest firmware?
Also just switch the power off from the back, let is sit for a minute and then turn in back on again.

Yes done all that, no didn't cancel the curing process. I think it may have something to do with the adjustments option that let you adjust printing parameters on the fly. Also something to do with printing presets? I changed some of the printing options like heat and vacuum then did another print, it was actually printing fine, but I went into the printing parameters as the printer was printing and noticed all my changes were back to default. It was the same substrate preset I chose, but everything was defaulted. Then as I started to change the heat and vacuum it started doing the same thing were it just stops advancing, but keeps printing. So I think I'm starting to narrow it down to something. I've uploaded the advance calibration

Attachments

• 20210204_204913 (Custom).jpg
    20210204_204913 (Custom).jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 141

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You didn't happen to use a Generic profile that you tried to make to changes? Those you can't change to so it won't keep the change.

stxrmxn

We had this problem when trialing a new media. The liner was kind of plastic / wax on the back and the HP had trouble advancing it through its mechanism. We tried everything to get it to work but to no avail.

Tyler322

No it's not a generic profile, but I think I know why it changed back to the defaults. When you enable or disable the OMAS it looks like all options are reset. Pretty annoying.

Tyler322

So I think I've narrowed it down to the paper spindle/drive motor that the paper roll connects into. Something is wrong with it where it locks up and won't let the paper go freely. When I help it along it starts to go.

Also when I unload and then load the media back on it seems to free up, but when trying to lift the unit into its take up position the motor is fighting me, where it should be nice and free. I'm going to try a few different things to see what exactly makes it lock up, but I've already lost a lot of time and while it's working I'm going to use it.

Tyler322

It ended up being the vacuum being too strong. Really annoying that the vacuum will stop the paper from feeding out.