Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp8000 and windows 7

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tbullo, Jul 18, 2012.

1. tbullo

tbullo Superunknown

Apr 5, 2012
    VA
    I,ve been thinking about moving on to windows 7. I was wanting to know if my HP8000 was compatible with windows 7. Will I need windows 7 with XP mode if not? I,ve been searching the HP site and only see drivers up to windows XP 64 bit. I always hate changing computers cause it always cost more then I think by needing new software. Thanks for any help.:help

Tags:
  2. jrsc

jrsc Member

Sep 24, 2008
    NY
    I use a hp 8000 with windows 7 64bit without any problems. I am using flexi as my rip. I don't think I had to do anything special to make it work.

3. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    the OS makes no difference to your printer. its your rip you need to make sure is compatable.

4. tbullo

tbullo Superunknown

Apr 5, 2012
    VA
    Ok, thanks for the help. I was sweating the jump, but now feel a little better. We just use the rip that came with the printer( I think they told us it was made by onyx) but we have signlab 8 to use as well.

5. bbeens

bbeens Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Not always the case. A printer like the HP 8000 is USB only, this means all rips relay on the manufacturer to provide a USB driver at the OS level, or at least provide documentation on how to write their own. Much like older JV3's require a firewire driver, etc.

6. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009

we are both right!

:rock-n-roll: