• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp8000 and windows 7

tbullo

Superunknown
I,ve been thinking about moving on to windows 7. I was wanting to know if my HP8000 was compatible with windows 7. Will I need windows 7 with XP mode if not? I,ve been searching the HP site and only see drivers up to windows XP 64 bit. I always hate changing computers cause it always cost more then I think by needing new software. Thanks for any help.:help

jrsc

I use a hp 8000 with windows 7 64bit without any problems. I am using flexi as my rip. I don't think I had to do anything special to make it work.

tbullo

Superunknown
Ok, thanks for the help. I was sweating the jump, but now feel a little better. We just use the rip that came with the printer( I think they told us it was made by onyx) but we have signlab 8 to use as well.

bbeens

the OS makes no difference to your printer. its your rip you need to make sure is compatable.

Not always the case. A printer like the HP 8000 is USB only, this means all rips relay on the manufacturer to provide a USB driver at the OS level, or at least provide documentation on how to write their own. Much like older JV3's require a firewire driver, etc.