• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP8000S - Ink Starvation

Jack Raven

Super Active Member
Near the end of my rope... my HP8000S keeps dropping out the Magenta... this has been going on for over 2 years and I've tried just about everything... anyone have any ideas ? Thanks

JasonMeisnerSTS

Please send pictures. Since you already changed the head, is it safe to s.ay the dampers and capping station have been replaced too? What kind of flush did you do(if any) through the lines. Please advise more

Jack Raven

Super Active Member
Jason, the magenta is not reaching the print head... the tube is clear.... I've replaced the pump... actually I can't remember all I've done with the damn thing.... this has been a problem for over 2 years... what do you think?
Thanks

Attachments

• temp_magenta_out.jpg
    temp_magenta_out.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 114

JasonMeisnerSTS

Jack, You may have an issue with the needle that goes into the Magenta cartridge. It could be clogged hence the clear lines and no ink getting to the head.

Jack Raven

Super Active Member
Jason, I see no needle, just a tube... (please see attached)...
Am I missing something ?
thanks

Attachments

• temp_hp8000ph.jpg
    temp_hp8000ph.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 120

Jack Raven

Super Active Member
Jason, to answer your earlier question: I thought I sucked all the ink down to the place where it attaches to the print head... the printer actually worked very well for about a week and then the magenta said Adios... the capping station has not been replaced... I ordered some new dampers, but could not use them as they did not have the tube attached and I cannot find the correct one anywhere... Your Thoughts ? thanks

JasonMeisnerSTS

Jack, rule of thumb is typically replace the dampers and capping station first which can help dictate what the problem is and what needs to be replaced. If you haven't changed the dampers in some time, it could be an easy fix. When I was referring to the needles and tubes being gunked up, I am referring to the needle that pierces the cartridge which draw ink from the cartridge through the lines and dampers, into the head.

What do you mean when you say the damper didn't come with tubes attached? Dampers should come by themselves and you would need a jig or need to remove the lines from the damper the proper way to not make a mess and you would change them yourself. If you have not done this before, it may be wise to get a technician to do so as you don't want to cause a bigger problem if it is a simple fix. Feel free to give me a call or drop me an email directly as it is sometimes hard communicating on these forums.