• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help hpgl gpgl error?

joey bean

well, second post of the day and this one really has me lost.

running Flexi on my desktop (windows 7 pro) -

before I even send a job to cut, as soon as I plug the USB in, it gives me an HPGL error, now, this is what I constantly run on, so I leave it, but just to check it out, I switched my command to GPGL - immediately gives me the same error, same with auto command.

I have reset all factory settings on the cutter, reinstalled drivers on my PC, deleted all queued jobs - in production manager and also my control panel, and still the same thing

here's what really confused me, I have cutting master on my Mac, that I run off illustrator for my small tee shirt jobs, I put the cutter back in simple mode with auto command, and it works fine... which ruled out maybe a shotty USB.

any help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

Jburns

A few things I can think of:
1. GPGL is for Cutting Master
2. HPGL would be for Flexi commands. what I recall- flexi can't take GPGL.

Now the last graphtec I had on Flexi, it fought the settings. Or the cutter would fight the settings from Flexi. I think I ended up setting speed pressure, etc. from the machine, and only design files went to the cutter. Check production manager- there may be a similar button for controls.

Now there is a setting on the graphtec, you can turn on and off if you want it to accept SETTING commands from software. - should be in the user manual.

joey bean

A few things I can think of:
1. GPGL is for Cutting Master
2. HPGL would be for Flexi commands. what I recall- flexi can't take GPGL.

Now the last graphtec I had on Flexi, it fought the settings. Or the cutter would fight the settings from Flexi. I think I ended up setting speed pressure, etc. from the machine, and only design files went to the cutter. Check production manager- there may be a similar button for controls.

Now there is a setting on the graphtec, you can turn on and off if you want it to accept SETTING commands from software. - should be in the user manual.

Correct, flexi runs on HPGL- which is what i was on, and still getting an HPGL error. As soon as i change it to GPGL - i get an error also. There are no jobs queued, so i don't understand why i'm getting these errors as soon as the USB is plugged in.

I will look into these over-rides in PM and the manual for the graphtec. Thank you for the response.