• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP's are here!

ProWraps

got em today. jeremy from grimco flew out and hooked em up.

cant wait to get printing!

they dont seem to throw off as much heat as described.

its amazing how self sufficient they are.

Attachments

• hps.jpg
    hps.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 134

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice gear, congrats.
Did the fire extinguisher come with the unit or was that extra?

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

i had no idea there is no PF adjust its all done automatically. no cleaning. done automatically. no sleep. done automatically. such a smart printer. i port forwarded through my router and can log into each printer from home. sick.

loading media is a bit of a PITA but not too bad. ill get used to it.

ROFL thanks insignia. i had to do it. it goes back to my tech days when we named our servers. bert and ernie were my mutohs.

tag ninja approved!

RobbyMac

lol nice.

We have pics on each of our plotters and some printers...

envision 375 has James Brown on it, cuz 'it's the hardest workin plotter in sign biz'
the vutek 2360 has MacGyver on it... cuz you have to use paperclips and bungie cords to fine tune the damn thing

They aren't THAT hot... at least until summertime rolls back around ;)

ProWraps

lol nice.

We have pics on each of our plotters and some printers...

envision 375 has James Brown on it, cuz 'it's the hardest workin plotter in sign biz'
the vutek 2360 has MacGyver on it... cuz you have to use paperclips and bungie cords to fine tune the damn thing

They aren't THAT hot... at least until summertime rolls back around ;)

heh exactly! just like my servers, they have their OWN personalities. you HAVE to name them!

ow get back. in the hot tub uh!

jasonx

You might need some clearance with walker if your going to use the pull down table to load the media and then slide the mandrel in.

They are going to be faster then your Mutohs :)

ProWraps

heh yeah walker is going to get some room to the left tomorrow and texas ranger is going to slide down to the right to make more room for him as well.

the idiocincracies of the loading process became obvious today. need to do some rearranging.

not used to front loading machines.

Tim Aucoin

Congrats on the pair! Trust me, you do get used to the loading system and it get's to be second nature. The alignment feature is superb and (unlike my old Roland), I've yet to screw up a long print because the media was skewed a teeny weeny bit! This printer ensures perfect straightness in the media path! :thumb:

Love the names. I haven't named mine yet but you've got me thinking for sure! Enjoy them and treat them well and they will do the same in return!

HulkSmash

Also when you load it crooked, you don't have to unload the whole roll...it feeds it out for you to align with the loaded roll... so simple

Suz

Tim and Colorado, glad you mentioned how great it loads, because mine doesn't!!! My spindle is wobbly and the Tech told me it could be a problem. I can get it straight, but there is so much play, then the edges can rip and I get a jam up or head strike. Yikes! Also, have had lots of issues with Onyx program and I'm trying to work those out. Thankfully, Onyx will be extending my test drive because of all the trouble. I haven't gotten out too many prints, have spent more in down time than in production time but I know it will all work out. Yes, there's a learning curve too! Anyhow, loading is a hand full, getting the hang of it but have to get a new spindle!

quicksigns

dude this machine is the shizznik. I printed mesh banner half way in and the mesh started lifting away from the liner and head scrap the edge of the banner for almost a foot. The end result, still no banding or clog up nozzle.

RobbyMac

Tim and Colorado, glad you mentioned how great it loads, because mine doesn't!!! My spindle is wobbly and the Tech told me it could be a problem. I can get it straight, but there is so much play, then the edges can rip and I get a jam up or head strike. Yikes! Also, have had lots of issues with Onyx program and I'm trying to work those out. Thankfully, Onyx will be extending my test drive because of all the trouble. I haven't gotten out too many prints, have spent more in down time than in production time but I know it will all work out. Yes, there's a learning curve too! Anyhow, loading is a hand full, getting the hang of it but have to get a new spindle!

That is teh sux. My early posts on the hp weren't very glamorous, and with exception to the take up system, I can pretty much blame the majority on Onyx. It was a very expensive (both material and time) learning curve for a machine which is so simple to operate/maintain. If I had to do it over again, Onyx would not be my choice for rip. Surely you're using the update 10.1 (10 was buggy as all get out for us)
As for your loading... sounds like something the distributor or hp should be taking care of quick. Once loaded, our material is really friggin tight (as in difficult to unload or shift in anyway).

ProColorGraphics

For what it is worth, I haven't had ANY problems with Caldera VisualRIP+ on mine. Well worth the $3k, and it came all ready to go on a new Mac Mini! Plus the use between multiple computers is better and the updates are cheaper than Onyx.

Last edited: