• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hpv designjet 500. what can i produce with this? anyone have one?

miktoxic

getting one from my girl's office. i'm a graphic artist. i already have a roland gx-24. after seeing what type of media the hp uses i waqs excited to see banner material and some type of indoor backlit signage material. is it possible to print on their (hP) banner material and vinyl adhesive material and be in use outdoors?

thanks in advance!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Its not made for those applications, nothing long term outside as I believe its only the black that has any pigment in it. You could do some nice indoor work though.

miktoxic

yeah after reading up on it that's what i figured. i thought that they might have come up with some new media/material to print on that might have solved the outdoor issues.

what i did read is that you could laminate a print to use outside but couldn't figure out how you could laminate a banner? aren't banners like flags whereas they are lightweight cloth material and move in the wind?

thanks for your reply BTW.