• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question HS15+ touchpad problems

Anyone ever replace the skew arrow touch pad for an HS15+? Frequently I push on an arrow to move the head, and nothing happens. I have opened the cutter up, unfastened the keyboard unit, "delaminated" the plastic cover and moved the "star" metal contacts--helped for awhile but now the problem is back. I can probably get a new touch pad, just wondering if someone has ever replaced one (or figured out how to fix one).

Malkin

Anyone ever replace the skew arrow touch pad for an HS15+? Frequently I push on an arrow to move the head, and nothing happens. I have opened the cutter up, unfastened the keyboard unit, "delaminated" the plastic cover and moved the "star" metal contacts--helped for awhile but now the problem is back. I can probably get a new touch pad, just wondering if someone has ever replaced one (or figured out how to fix one).

I know we've replaced ours a few times (not by me personally) and it has only ever helped for a short time. I just resign myself to pressing the button 1 to 10 times till it does something....

GlavinID

We replaced ours a few years ago, haven't had a problem since. We ordered the part straight from Gerber, was pretty easy to replace and made it like new again! The manual has a detailed illustration of how the machine is put together, we used that to take apart and replace the part. Let me know if you have any questions!

FunkotronXL

Usually the thin circuit on the backside of the button membrane will crack and wear out. Everybody just keeps pushing until it gets a decent enough connection to move the carriage.

Uses the same keypad as the GS15 Plus with a different naming stripe label applied to it. I think the plotter doctor sells them for $400-500 each. Gotta return the broken pad to em after replacing.