• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help https://www.calmstrips.net/

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
So, I have a client who wants to print some of these calmstrips. Does anyone know where I could find material to use to put through my printer?

Thanks in advance.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Huh that's kind of neat! I don't know what they actually feel like, but we've had a floor laminate that had a kind of sandy texture, and I know there are carbon fibre laminates and such. I wonder if the bottom is just a regular decal vinyl, but the laminate is something odd?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
https://www.calmstrips.net/
Huh that's kind of neat! I don't know what they actually feel like, but we've had a floor laminate that had a kind of sandy texture, and I know there are carbon fibre laminates and such. I wonder if the bottom is just a regular decal vinyl, but the laminate is something odd?
It's printed onto the material. I believe the material is like a soft textile like a carpet.

unclebun

Like the person asking about material for phone skins, spend $20 and find out. Buy one. Pick it apart. Feel it. You can figure out what they made it from. Most likely using a textured overlaminate on printed vinyl. It could be different textures of dreamscapes or wallscapes media, but then you'd have to laminate it to an adhesive, which is messier than laminating printed vinyl. And since the point of it is to rub your fingers on it, it would make sense to have the ink protected by an overlaminate.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
So I ordered a set of these. Interesting idea! I wonder if it's like our textured graphic material (We run mostly Dreamscape Caviar).

letterman7

Shows people are suckers for a good marketing campaign. I'll just rub a piece of suede from my gilding kit... it's the same thing...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
'Calmstrips'? Really? One might think that by producing such nonsense that they'd be contributing to the onrushing deterioration of the human race. Anyone that needs contact with a 'Calmstrip' is probably a self-absorbed millennial that has just encountered something that they deem unpleasant. Could you imagine someone like this being deprived of all of their electronic tackle and dropped into the wood miles from civilization and told that someone will meet them at some arbitrary location in five days. Oh, the humanity! Where is my basket of Calmstrips?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
'Calmstrips'? Really? One might think that by producing such nonsense that they'd be contributing to the onrushing deterioration of the human race. Anyone that needs contact with a 'Calmstrip' is probably a self-absorbed millennial that has just encountered something that they deem unpleasant. Could you imagine someone like this being deprived of all of their electronic tackle and dropped into the wood miles from civilization and told that someone will meet them at some arbitrary location in five days. Oh, the humanity! Where is my basket of Calmstrips?
This is intended for people who are autistic.

bob

This is intended for people who are autistic.

Pity about poor Albert Einstein and Michaelangelo, if only they'd have had a Calmstrip they might have amounted to something. Of course, they lived when 'autism' wasn't even a word, Even if it were, no one gave a damn about your problems. Unlike today, when you're expected to fall all over yourself in order to accommodate some specimen that's been pronounced 'autistic'.

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Pity about poor Albert Einstein and Michaelangelo, if only they'd have had a Calmstrip they might have amounted to something. Of course, they lived when 'autism' wasn't even a word, Even if it were, no one gave a damn about your problems. Unlike today, when you're expected to fall all over yourself in order to accommodate some specimen that's been pronounced 'autistic'.

At the end of the day, I don't care who they are for. The customer wants 3000 of them and im trying to find the material so I can make money off of him.

bob

At the end of the day, I don't care who they are for...

Then why did you bring it up?

...The customer wants 3000 of them and im trying to find the material so I can make money off of him.

That's the right attitude exactly. We'd do business with the prince of freaking darkness and/or anyone else of any flavor as long as they paid as agreed.