• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Husqvarna Shop layout...can it get any more boring!

SuncitySigns

Hi all

Have a job to do for the local Husqvarna rep.

As Husqvarana are paying for the signage the owner is very limited as to how they can display there name at the front.

This is the layout the Husqvarna rep has let me have...gee how exciting

The back ground must be the same blue as the rest of the signage and the lettering must be in white. ( I can however use orange somehwere there though but have struggled as too how and where to use it.

How can make the name out the front stand out a little bit more without stepping on Husqvarnas toes or is this as good as its going to get??

:/

Attachments

• Building Facia.jpg
    Building Facia.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 137

WildWestDesigns

Husqvarna is a stickler with some things. Now I'm not used to their small engine side, but their Husqvarna/Viking side is pretty well set in stone, but they do use a orange/red and white banner on their stuff. Might just be because you are dealing with the small engine side that they mandate those colors.

SuncitySigns

Orange/red and white you say? Maybe thats only for you guys stateside (google didnt wanna help) never seen it done here in Aus though...only ever seen a orange pinstripe with the husky signage in some places...

I did consider purchusing a chisel font Thinkright..it still may be an option.

WildWestDesigns

Orange/red and white you say? Maybe thats only for you guys stateside (google didnt wanna help) never seen it done here in Aus though...only ever seen a orange pinstripe with the husky signage in some places...

I side that was for their Husqvarna/Viking side, not their small engine side. Two different enterprises, even though Husqvarna has their hands in both.

SuncitySigns

Oh I see....We have never had the Husky small eng thing down in Aus as far as I'm aware.
The name "Midwest Mowers & Small Engines" is nothing to do with Husqvarna though that was and has always been there name long before they become a husky dealer. But anyhow that's off topic.

Pat Whatley

As Husqvarana are paying for the signage...

This is the layout the Husqvarna rep has let me have...

You're not working for the business owner, you're working for Husqvarna. If the business owner wants his name featured more prominently all he's got to do is break out the checkbook.

WildWestDesigns

Oh I see....We have never had the Husky small eng thing down in Aus as far as I'm aware.

At that store you do. Unless they've totally changed what they are selling.

I would talk with Husqvarna (although I wouldn't say Husky, as that's a different company, at least here in the states) and get it right from them since they are the ones paying the bill. Companies like that, typically have pretty set guidelines, I know the Husqvarna/Viking does and I have no reason to suspect that that part of their company wouldn't as well. Especially if they are picking up the tab.

WildWestDesigns

You're not working for the business owner, you're working for Husqvarna. If the business owner wants his name featured more prominently all he's got to do is break out the checkbook.

Beat me to it by a minute. Although that would depend on their contract of him being a dealer of their equipment. They could pull that dealer status if there is something like that in the contract to where guidelines much be strictly followed. Not all have that, but there are some that do.

SuncitySigns

Can see your point guys.

Although I do know that I'm billing the shop owner direct but my colour choices, logo layout etc has been given to me by Husqvarna.

Will send a few more emails I think.......

SignManiac

I don't see a problem with using their logo. I think it's a layout issue. Too many signs and it looks busy. You really only need their logo on there once, along with the small engine tag line stuff. Way too much stuff vying for attention to read. I don't think the roof signs are necessary at all. It's redundant. Less is more.

rjssigns

On stuff where corporate is involved I just nod my head, give them exactly what they want and collect a check.

Why cause headaches on a "slam dunk" job?

nwsigns

Yeah, its not real exciting but is it effective? I think that too often we just want more satisfaction from a more technical or exciting sign. This looks very readable and gets a simple message across and speaks to the appropriate audience - whats the purpose of a sign again?

SuncitySigns

On stuff where corporate is involved I just nod my head, give them exactly what they want and collect a check.

Why cause headaches on a "slam dunk" job?

I'm thinking I should follow this path although a email has been sent asking how much further they are willing too let me go so I will await there reply and go from there.

John L

Orange trim all along the top edge of canopy signs will make it look more like a sign band. Their layout as is will sell mowers, parts, and service if it's a decent location. No need for embellishments. (but I confess ... I hate fades, multi-outlines, and diamond plate on most everything).

Counting money is not boring.

Gene@mpls

Yeah, its not real exciting but is it effective? I think that too often we just want more satisfaction from a more technical or exciting sign. This looks very readable and gets a simple message across and speaks to the appropriate audience - whats the purpose of a sign again?

+1

Jillbeans

Try Mowers & Small Engines in caps and l/c
Eliminate the gradient boxes and center MIDWEST, make orange rule lines on either side of that.
All-caps can be hard to read.
Love....Jill

Ragin Cajun

I would do what they ask...if you change one thing and they don't agree...they won't pay.

I know a guy that owns a Chevrolet dealership.

He had to remodel before Dec 31.

He did not have any say so to the job.

They even told him where to position the lights...inside.

And where to hang the banners inside

Any changes..he could lose the dealership.

Hi all

As Husqvarana are paying for the signage the owner is very limited as to how they can display there name at the front.

This is the layout the Husqvarna rep has let me have...gee how exciting

The back ground must be the same blue as the rest of the signage and the lettering must be in white. ( I can however use orange somehwere there though but have struggled as too how and where to use it.

How can make the name out the front stand out a little bit more without stepping on Husqvarnas toes or is this as good as its going to get??

:/

Edna

ALL CAPS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD!!! Try it with sentanse case so it matched hotsquantas logo.