• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hydraulic Corner Rounder and Bench Punch

equippaint

What are your thoughts on a setup like this hydraulic punch? We have a Roper Whitney 218 punch for holes and a million dies but need something to round 080 corners. Was looking for something faster and hands free (air or hydraulic) so it's not a back breaker with larger panels. We have an electric lasco rounder now but its max is 040 aluminum or 3mm ACM
2200-_h_hyd_bench_press_copy.jpg 2200-4rcp_corner_radius_punch_2.jpg

equippaint

I guess not so popular. How does everyone handle .080 aluminum? Do you put it in a CNC or just working with pre-cut blanks?

Andy D

Looks nice, how much it is?
I had a similar one that offered all of the same
radius, but it was manual.

Andy D

I can't seem to find a link, but the manual one I bought was around $350 & you had
to get your own press... around $60 at Harbor Freight.

equippaint

Andy D

Yeah, could be... I used it on smaller stuff.
The one-ton press had to be bolted down to a heavy counter too.

5 ton Fly Wheel Punch Press. Anything from .010 to .125 no problem. Any thicker and you start to have build burr issues. At least with our machine

Something like this.
upload_2019-7-18_11-13-6.png

Find a machinery dealer near you and go take a look. When you buy the machine they will set you up with someone who can handle all the tooling you will need. Most of the time the dies are not a stock item on the shelf.

• Agree
Reactions: mpn

equippaint

CNC?
We used to order precut blanks for 12x18s, but found 080 prepainted white and started cutting them a sheet at a time. Are you trying to round 4x8's or something?
No, we usually shear a 4x10 down to individual signs with the print on it. Then round and punch them individually but were limited to 063 because of the corners.