• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I am a dork! ( wrap designing)

Ronda

Ok, I will admit, I have been known to make things much more difficult than they really are!

I have a 2001 Dodge extended cab short bed truck ( I have DAL) I want to wrap this truck in an American Flag (I have Monster wraps)

I don't have a clue as to HOW to start this. Can someone give me some tips. I keep looking at the flag, looking at the truck template and have no idea how to start.

BTW, I am not at all intimidated by the install, after all it is my truck. So if I screw it up I can start all over and learn from it.

Someone, please help me:help:

Ronda

cdiesel

A flag wrap can be kinda tough (read damn near impossible) if you want to line up all the pieces when changing direction ie, from fender to hood. If you can set it up to be solid blue at the seams, you'd be okay tho.
Where to start.. I don't have monster wraps, so I'm not sure how large their files are. If it's not large enough as is to completely cover the sides of your truck, plus bleed (I like at least 6", and don't forget to leave enough to go around the front and rear of the truck to the next panels) you'll have to blow it up. We like to use photozoom, but some like genuine fractals. You'll want at least 72dpi at full size. This should be enough to get you started, just holler when you have more problems! Good luck!

bertex

I would do 3 panels per side 1- front fender horizontal 2-doors vertical 3- bed horizontal.

Take measurements for the 3 panels, allowing plenty of bleed.

Draw 3 shapes on your screen from your measurements, align them.

Fill them with your flag background

Add text, logos.

Send all 3 shapes to your rip as 1 file.

Tile and print from your rip.

If you have no text, you can even mirror from the rip.
(for the other side)

Hope this helps.

Craig Sjoquist

By the 4th of July
.... take some pictures ...of the American Flag
.....think of what it means to you....arrange pictures and choices for truck
.......the flow of the eye ...flow of truck... combine

13 folds

Bentley Sign

We just completed a american flag dualley. It takes a large file to cover, and we still used a sky pattern to fill the top of the truck. We use one long horrizontal pannel.
showphoto.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Joel
www.bentleysignandgraphics.com

PMG

Bentley how were those rear fenders to do ? did you get it in 1 peice on those fenders? I have a dually and so will be wrapping that rascal soon !!

wildhock

Newb bleed question

If it's not large enough as is to completely cover the sides of your truck, plus bleed (I like at least 6", and don't forget to leave enough to go around the front and rear of the truck to the next panels)

Cdiesel,

Help a newb out. When you say bleed, do you mean overlap?

Thanks,

Jon

Ronda

Bentley- that is what I needed to see!!! Do you print the whole thing and then "cut off" the parts for the front passenger window the wheel wells etc. How did you go across the hood? the 6" bleed cdiesel talked about and overlap? One long horizontal pattern by how tall? Did you do the whole truck with 2 pieces?

This is what I needed to see, to be able to ask the questions I have.

cdiesel

Bleed is not overlap, although that's important too. Bleed is the extra material & print that will be cut off of the edges. Don't bother trying to print wheel wells and such, just print a huge panel and trim everything out afterwards. Overlap is the amount of material that will overlap the previous panel. Almost always stop at the rear of the vehicle and move forward. Pretty much every truck is done seemlessly, by printing the bedside horizontally, each door individually, and the front fender by itself. This way you can make the overlaps occur in the door seems, which makes for an easier install.