• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I don't consider myself a designer anymore but do it sometimes

C

ColoPrinthead

One of our warehouse guys wanted to get a banner for his softball team and my boss okay'd it handed it off to me. First and most painful question is always "Do you have art" and as usual I was given low res clip art taken from the web. I talked to the guy and learned about the team and how ti was started by the current players parents and decided to do them a favor and design the main graphics myself. The design is not perfect and could be much better but, I put only the amount of work need for the demographic I was dealing with since I wasn't getting paid. I didn't spend a lot of time worrying about fonts, I didn't worry about tangents, and I copied the mesh work rather than making several unique shapes of the flames. I have about a total of 8 hours into the work with revisions and recreating someones else's work on the left (I did add the stitching). I think this could have been done in 4-5 hours if I had more RAM in my laptop. My placement looks a bit high but it could just be the sag of the banner.

The background is a picture of clouds with a gaussian blur to hide the low res image, and the wood texture is from Von Glitschka's Crumble, Crackle, Burn, Peel free texture set, his website is worth a visit

The coworker said the banner was popular at the game and that people kept interrupting his team for photos of it. The team took second at the tourney.

I have about 2 or 3 years before I design again unless something intriguing comes up.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

showcase 66

So the team is apparently a bunch of raging alcoholics? Cool to see the sketches go to full color.

I thought that was the main part of playing softball. I didn't realize you could play without drinking. They go so well together I thought that how it was played.

Looks good.