• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I finally created a product similar to chromaluxe that does not chip

brinked

Just posting to show off my achievement. Please not I dont think this is something that can compete with chromaluxe, and I dont even know if I want to market it to resellers or what not. However since opening a photo lab I was upset that there was dynasub, chromaluxe and then nothing in between.

I have tried everything out that that is offered as a "sublimation aluminum" product from aluminum companies, ebay sellers and even companies from china. I have tried purchasing powder coatings etc, I have put in about $12k just trying different products or having things made, and I really dont know for what the reason is. It all started because I had an initial bad start with chromaluxe not wanting to replace a handful of defective 12" x 24" panels out of a $15k order.

I consider myself a problem solver and just couldnt take the fact there was absolutely nothing out there.

I run a small metal print lab now in south florida and I deal with high end photographers and I dont think I will ever offer this new stuff to them because chromaluxe is still the superior product, but I do know there is a market for this in the non professional/high end photography market.

Here is a video of the product, note this video was taken to show my coater the faded edge issue, which was due to it being cut from the end, but you can still see the quality of the print. It has a beautiful glossy smooth texture like chromaluxe and can be shear cut without any worry of chipping AND has very minimal orange peel, which cant even be noticed unlike other non chromaluxe products.

[video=youtube;-GgJQRebUQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GgJQRebUQY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

rubo

nice job! however, as far as "I was upset that there was dynasub, chromaluxe and then nothing in between." - there is this guy in your neck of the woods - http://www.digitalgrafx.biz/brands/UV-PLUS%21.html - selling dye-sub aluminum. works great., so don't be upset ;)

brinked

nice job! however, as far as "I was upset that there was dynasub, chromaluxe and then nothing in between." - there is this guy in your neck of the woods - http://www.digitalgrafx.biz/brands/UV-PLUS%21.html - selling dye-sub aluminum. works great., so don't be upset ;)

I did use his stuff for a good 6 months actually. His stuff is not actually better than dynasub as there are streaks in the coating, and the panels do not stay straight/rigid. I did stick with it for as long as I did because it was the only 0.032 option available for me at the time. My current stuff blows away the stuff from digitalgrafx.

The only reason why I would not call my stuff a chromaluxe replacement is because it cant hit the blacks like chromaluxe does. Anything thats not printed with deep blacks or a flat back background, you cant even tell the difference between my stuff and chromaluxe.

Correct Color

"I consider myself a problem solver and just couldnt take the fact there was absolutely nothing out there."

Note also that Breathing Color has been working on this for awhile, and is about to come out with not only dye-sub aluminum, but direct-print aluminum as well.

brinked

"I consider myself a problem solver and just couldnt take the fact there was absolutely nothing out there."

Note also that Breathing Color has been working on this for awhile, and is about to come out with not only dye-sub aluminum, but direct-print aluminum as well.

I tested the breathing color direct to aluminum. Its total crap. It needs to be laminated which makes it extremely easy to scratch. It doesnt compare anywhere near to chromaluxe. Ben Gasser also made a review about it that pretty much sums up my experience with it.

brinked

Cool!
So are you selling this or just telling us about it?

I would probably be open to selling it. I am not interested in selling a few dozen, I would probably take orders with MOQ's. Dont mind letting others sample it, however.

Correct Color

I tested the breathing color direct to aluminum. Its total crap. It needs to be laminated which makes it extremely easy to scratch. It doesnt compare anywhere near to chromaluxe. Ben Gasser also made a review about it that pretty much sums up my experience with it.

My take when I heard about it was that what with lamination and trimming it might wind up being kind of a wash compared to Chromaluxe, but then I have yet to see it.

I am going by BC next week to do some testing, so I'll have a lot better idea myself then.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Is there any ability to make a sheet that is solvent printable? I was interested in the breathing color materials, but it is too think to run through most solvent printers.