• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I got a CNC ROUTER but...

AznSensation

I have no idea how to use it... hahaha do you guys know where I can get training on how to use this? Should I be contacting the program maker or should i hire help? Advise please :(

Salmoneye

It is ridiculous for you to try to learn that, forget it, it takes years and years, there are only 3 or 4 people on the planet that know how to use one. As a result you should find a sucker like me and sell it to them cheap. Like Me...like me

fixtureman

Do you have any software for it. You need a cam software to create the cut files and it sounds like you have Mach3 to control the router. Go to the Vectric web site and download a trial version of cut 2d to start with and learn how to make your designs. Use their tutorials to help learn. You can use the demo files to cut.

Techman

You will love our Master Mind weekends for software, Corel dRAw, Vectric software and CNC users for making signs over here in Grand Rapids.

We just had one with 16 guests. After the first module Friday night a few were calling their friends to get over here for Saturday Morning.

We are planning the next one for the Spring./

We have a number of speakers who are masters at their crafts. Although some are well known in their field they do not wish to be a celebrity.

artbot

don't let them discourage you! a cnc is probably the easiest piece of equipment to learn to use. you'll screw up some parts going to fast, or your path will have something wrong with it. but cnc's are very linear machines. it's right or wrong... printing is another story... it's always "under improvement output".

we have a new limac that's about to be powered up that also runs on type3 code as well. so we'll be newbies to this set up for a bit.

seems that this company:
http://www.type3.com/EN/home/home_us.php
may be carrying the torch for this old language pretty well. in general, you'll just be drawing in corel and converting. no biggy.

nwsigns

Yes you can learn as you go but you will save a lot of time and materials by getting some training. Learning to get a good finish in the quickest time is the hard part

Ditchmiester

I started out learning CNC programming and found out that it is not that hard. I think it really depends on your CAD/CAM program. We use Artcam Insignia they have some cheaper versions now that you can basically build with what you want or will need. If I had one piece of advice it would be don't be afraid to try something just always be ready to hit the emergency stop.

Joe Crumley

ANZ,

I'm interested to hear what you ended up doing with your AZY.

I'm an old wood worker who picked up a CNC a few years ago and found it to be fun to work with and learn. Today some of the new programs are easy to learn and you'll be up and running in no time.

Please let us know what you decided to do.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com