• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate asking dumb questions, but can I cut marble on my router?

iSign

I've never thought to ask this before, but I picked up a nice small slab and it reminded me of how nice Corian and other composites look when routed. I have no idea what the floor and countertop guys use for this, but I imagine it a lot harder stuff then Corian. Is it even an option with a CNC?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I don't know about your router but it can be done on a CNC. You can also do relief work.

You need a diamond bit and cool with water.

I prefer waterjetcut because you have very little work to fit it together. CNC needs a little grinding done.

BobM

I would call a local counter top fabricator and visit their shop. It requires lots and lots of water cooling to cut marble and granite.

3dsignco

GB2

Old Member
I don't know for sure but I would definately not consider cutting marble on your router, certainly not without ample reasearch first.

iSign

thanks guys, after seeing the flood in Bill's link, I'll leave that job for the proper tools!