• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have problem with my Mutoh 1604

nganoka386

Can you help me with this problem guys? It's been almost 3 months that I have this problem. Would you like to help me with this problem guys ?

mutoh 1604 2.jpg mutoh 1604.jpg

guitarguy69

Their is an optical eye in the middle of the machine that needs to be covered up by media. If the media does not cover it it will give that message, ie media that is too far towards the right looking at the machine, thus not covering the eye. Could you tell me the width of materials used when the error occurs and also where does the error happen. The carriage goes to center, then to the right edge, then to the left edge to obtain the media widths then displays in metric on the screen. Let me know when the carriage quits the media width process.
If this is not the issue their is an adjustment for the eye on the carriage to help it see more difference between the material and material hold down plates. If the material used is a dark color I have successfully used a piece of white paper put between dark material and the hold down to allow the eye to read the widths.

nganoka386

The main problem is the printer is locked and the printer can't process printing jobs. Until now I don't have any Authorization Code to unlock this printer. Is there another way to solve this problem?

henryp

You may have 2 unrelated problems, although I'm not sure why you require an Authorization Code. (VJ-1604's do not require any unless you want to bypass the ink cartridge smart card)

A) Your printer will not print because it is in an error condition (Undefined Media). It seems like the paper edge sensor on the printer is not working (not sensing the width of your media). You can try bypassing this sensor by going to the user setup menu and changing the media detection setting to "OFF" and see if the printer will go online (Ready to Print), if it does, you should now be able to print.

B) If you want to run the MSA program, you need to configure the MSA setup to match the printer's IP Address, then set a static IP Address on your computer close to this IP Address. I normally use the default setting on the printer's "Board Manager Mode" (192.168.001.253) then set the computer's IP Address to 192.168.001.250, also make sure Windows firewall on the computer is set to "OFF"

nganoka386

You may have 2 unrelated problems, although I'm not sure why you require an Authorization Code. (VJ-1604's do not require any unless you want to bypass the ink cartridge smart card)

A) Your printer will not print because it is in an error condition (Undefined Media). It seems like the paper edge sensor on the printer is not working (not sensing the width of your media). You can try bypassing this sensor by going to the user setup menu and changing the media detection setting to "OFF" and see if the printer will go online (Ready to Print), if it does, you should now be able to print.

B) If you want to run the MSA program, you need to configure the MSA setup to match the printer's IP Address, then set a static IP Address on your computer close to this IP Address. I normally use the default setting on the printer's "Board Manager Mode" (192.168.001.253) then set the computer's IP Address to 192.168.001.250, also make sure Windows firewall on the computer is set to "OFF"

Sir Can I have the full guide of your (A) Solution? I turn off the Media Init. and the problem is this. Please show the picture below

_DSC0636.jpg

try to access the serial number on the parameter by entering in the maintenance mode, check if its the same as the sticker attched outside your casing at the back near the mainboard box, does your printer comes in stock, or you alter in your parameter or firmware?

nganoka386

try to access the serial number on the parameter by entering in the maintenance mode, check if its the same as the sticker attched outside your casing at the back near the mainboard box, does your printer comes in stock, or you alter in your parameter or firmware?

I'm done trying that process sir but still got error. And the error says "Not Ready to Print".

heyskull

Also this is from personal experience do not upgrade the firmware?
The firmware upgrades are mainly used so you have to use OEM ink in the machine.
Their are very little updates as to the running of the machine in the firmware updates so leave it at 1.19.

SC

heyskull

I think the latest firmware is 2.21.
But please do not install it as your issues will not be corrected with this firmware.
Also you cannot downgrade/go back on the latest updates.
I am looking at the pictures of your key pad and that looks a lot more used than mine and my 1604 is coming up 6 years old.

SC

henryp

Sir timson_ads taga makati lang po ba kaau.? Kaya nyo ba po paganahin tong printer ko .?

nganoka386, do you use original mutoh inks, did you buy your printer from an authorized Mutoh reseller? This error occurs on Mutoh water based printers that use 3rd party inks when the period on their license to use these inks has expired. if this is the case, you need to extract the .mpi file from the printer using the MSA program. That file is then sent to Mutoh dealer where it will be modified to renew the license for another term and sent back to you as a new .ulk file. This .ulk file should then be installed on the printer. I normally ask for a 99,999 day license.

Btw, pinoy din ako, technical support ng Mutoh dito sa Australia.

Sir timson_ads taga makati lang po ba kaau.? Kaya nyo ba po paganahin tong printer ko .?

sabi ko na nga ba pinoy ka sa base sa diction ng grammar mo anyway try to text or call me 09157492040, mutoh tech ako from sanjuan, not from makati check natin anu nangyari dyan? kay multistique ba galing yan makina mo?

Sorry for that language guys, I'm just happy to see fellow pilipino forumer here....
thank you signs101...:smile: