Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just discovered something amazing!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Banners Signs Etc., Aug 22, 2012.

1. Banners Signs Etc.

Banners Signs Etc. Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    I bought some crappy 15 dollar walmart sneakers...2 months later the tread and back stylings were coming off and flapping as I walked...

While out smoking, I had the idea to use my lighter on them...sure enough it worked! They smoked up and melted and I simply pressed the 2 parts together.

Lighter only worked so good on this windy day so I grabbed the shop blow torch and went to town...I fixed all the stuff that was coming apart in no time!

Needless to say there were some strange looks from my co-workers...

Time will tell how it holds up!

Tags:
  2. oldgoatroper

oldgoatroper Roper of Goats. Old ones.

Jul 28, 2009
    Alberta
    Hmmm... I think I could apply that idea to a few things....

Oh, and why does your logo have an "&" before "ETC."???

3. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    Beats me they've had it for 16 years...seems to work fine. I never heard a customer say anything about it...but there have been dozens of people on this forum comment on it....we are from Kentucky...

There was a traffic sign just last week put up on the biggest road in town that read slowed or stoped trafic ahead...

4. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Don't knock Kentucky Pal !

5. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    What was I smoking when I thought buying 15 dollar sneakers would be a good idea or when I decided to light them on fire?

6. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Well we already know what you were smoking during your fix...carcinogenic rubber and plastic fumes.

7. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Now that's the best CHEAP story I heard all day! Could if work on stretched underwear elastics too? Ripped condoms? The lighter is no longer just the crackheads friend!

8. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    The shoes did have a tag that said they were 90% plastic bottles...so I'm at least being green about it.

Thanks cheapvehiclewrap that means a lot coming from you...btw great website!

9. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I've heard of smoking mushrooms, banana peels and other crazy things, but never smoking your sneakers.

Do you do that with them on or do you remove them from your feet first ?? Gotta really be a contortionist to do it with them on...........

This guy can do it..............

feet behind head.jpg
    feet behind head-2.jpg

10. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    that's why you don't buy walmart shoes

11. Banners Signs Etc.

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    Don't try it on your $300 Lebrons I hear 3rd world children's tears burn hot....hell what am I saying these shoes were probably made in the same factory...