• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I keep getting lines on UJF-6042

intercrown

Greetings to all .
I keep getting lines on my print. I tried different resolutions and different settings , but without result. Did nozzle recovery too.
I print on ABS plastic( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrylonitrile_butadiene_styrene) material and sometimes on other plastic materials such as PVC and others. I tried dot settings ( 3,2,1 ; 5,3,1 ) . No result. I use rasterlink pro 5 IP. Rip my images in eps. Color is LH- 100 CMYK. I tried other settings too. If someone have solution for this , let me know pls.

Attachments

• DSC_0162.jpg
    DSC_0162.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,007
  • DSC_0169.jpg
    DSC_0169.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 860
Looks like a banding issue to me. Something with the substrate advancement or something needs to be recalibrated. Basically the substrate is moving a little to far for the pass width. Re-calibrate. Not sure on your specific printer what the settings change would be.

intercrown

Looks like a banding issue to me. Something with the substrate advancement or something needs to be recalibrated. Basically the substrate is moving a little to far for the pass width. Re-calibrate. Not sure on your specific printer what the settings change would be.

I have some option called "MAPS 2" function. I tryed it before but no results. Also I have "checking ink landing displasement" option. I`ll try it today , and update . Thx for replys.

meritan

Case phone printed with UJF 3042 model 1 , 16 pass 1400 x 1200 dpi, eps, gap 1.5, glossy mode, (white printed first, CMYK next)
model 2 the same without glossy

I have the same problem if I print with 4 pass, and if you print log time, you need to check nozzle, and doing cleaning

Attachments

• model.jpg
    model.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 860
  • model2.jpg
    model2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,044

oksigns

While I don't have a mimaki, I experienced this exact thing on my roland. My nozzle check was perfect, but upon closer inspection of the heads, there was a black ink gunk ball contributing to the band I manually cleaned carefully. After a medium clean cycle everything returned to normal.

intercrown

Whatever I tried to solve my problem , didnt gave me results. I think I`m ready for serious service. I did long (over 45 min) nozzle wash, disway wash , replaced wiper, head cleanings daily, changed from standard printing to fine, MAPS 2 option ( for reducing passes in printing). I`m clueless.

dvdcr

can you post a picture of a nozzle test?
Even if you are missing just one nozzle, it will give you this problem. :(

intercrown

can you post a picture of a nozzle test?
Even if you are missing just one nozzle, it will give you this problem. :(

I know that my test is not perfect , but I think its satisfactorily.

Attachments

• DSC_0180.jpg
    DSC_0180.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,030

dvdcr

A little hard to see but seems like cyan is affecting the most. I believe is a problem with those nozzles missing.
On the flat printer I operate, even with only 1 nozzle missing, I can see the banding, it really sucks.

intercrown

A little hard to see but seems like cyan is affecting the most. I believe is a problem with those nozzles missing.
On the flat printer I operate, even with only 1 nozzle missing, I can see the banding, it really sucks.

is there any solution for this?

WalkerP

You can try to flush the heads and/or let them soak. Other than that, you'll need to replace unfortunately.

dvdcr

Just like WalkerP says. Try soaking it overnight and then try a flush... if that doesn't solve the problem, think about getting a new head.

Don't take this as an personal advise since I have not tried that myself.. but If you decide to get a new head.. I have seen two different Mimaki technicians use alcohol to clean the heads with a clean rag. Perhaps you can try that as a last resort.

intercrown

I washed heads with mimaki washing liquid ( f-200 , spc -0568) , and with cleaning swab(spc-0386) provided by service. I think I have clodged nozzles. I took picture of heads. How bad my heads look?

Attachments

• DSC_0182.jpg
    DSC_0182.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 951
  • DSC_0183.jpg
    DSC_0183.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 789
  • DSC_0185.jpg
    DSC_0185.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 948

dvdcr

they look a little dirty, but sometimes that is just normal.
I would suggest to soak a lint free cloth and clean the heads with it very gently.

Alastor

I use UJF 3042MKII for printing on silicone cases for mobile phones, ink set is LUS-120. ( CMYK, PR, W), i want to change primer for clear ink for glossy effect. Do clear ink over cmyk protect print ( scraches and moisture)?? Also do i need primer for adhesion, if i dont ,thats great. Only print on mobile cases for now.