• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I love my job

ucmj22

So what are the chances of me being able to patch this up and not have it look terrible? I did it about 18 months ago with 3M 380 and 8590 OL. I'm guessing I will have to order some more 380 to make it match halfway properly or can I use avery1005? anyone know how close these two are as far as color? It just cought fire on the way to the fair and isnt even at the towing place yet, but I will have to go look at it in a few minutes and it has to be done by the end of the week.... Yeyyyyyy:frustrated:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 112

mudmedia

Yikes I can see that blue and green being hard to match up even using the same brand material...Got some nice bright colors in there especially blues and greens probably gonna be tough...Customer should understand though

2B

fix by the end of this week? getting an exact match will be hard do to the age.

how long do they think it will take to patch the hole through the wall?

ucmj22

fix by the end of this week? getting an exact match will be hard do to the age.

how long do they think it will take to patch the hole through the wall?

currently on the side of the interstate, should be at the wreckers this evening. I am sure the client is paying for expedited repair since this is supposed to be at Indy state fair which starts next friday. I expect repairs to be done and ready for me on friday.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, I would do the whole side completely with the same stuff.

That is gonna be quite difficult to remove. Then after the body shop gets done with their crap, other areas are still gonna be hard.

I'd tell the body-shop to remove the entire side or you can't do it.

cajun312

If that's a hole in the aluminum at the bottom, the body shop will probably have to change that entire sheet.

OlsonSigns601

If that's a hole in the aluminum at the bottom, the body shop will probably have to change that entire sheet.

Yeah, I would suggest they just replace that entire sheet and then go with something flat.

I don't know how you did that PITA ridged aluminum in the 1st place.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Leave it and just dress it up a little - have them change the menu to "Extra Hot & Spicy State Fair Taffy"

ucmj22

the fire melted most of the aluminum floor supports underneath the trailer so its not going to indy, and I dont have to fix it! Yeeeeyyyyyyy

I don't know how you did that PITA ridged aluminum in the 1st place.

I was a PITA, But I think this one was worse.