• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need a cheap thick adhesive vinyl for latex printing? Matte if possible

depps74

I'm looking for a sturdy but flexible (if thats even possible) adhesive vinyl for a job. The job wall has lots of imperfections that the client wants to avoid showing, but they also need it to conform around baseboards. Any ideas? Inexpensive is also something they need as its a pretty big job.

I have a 54" HP 315 latex printer. Hoping to keep it under $300-$250 a roll

d

GraphicsSource

Anything that will conform around base boards isn't going to hide imperfections well...why do they want to go over base boards? I've never seen that, it's always stopped or put behind them.

Mactac roodle will probably be your best bet to hide imperfections as it's 6 mil. You can get a 54x100' roll for around $200

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The problem is that typically the thicker the film is the more that the imperfections will show. The thinner vinyl will stay tight to some trash in the paint, But thicker vinyl will tent around it making it look worse.

GraphicsSource

The problem is that typically the thicker the film is the more that the imperfections will show. The thinner vinyl will stay tight to some trash in the paint, But thicker vinyl will tent around it making it look worse.
Yea the thicker films will do better over dings but will show raised blemishes more...I mean if you don't need to necessarily use a wall film you have a ton of options or maybe an adhesive wall paper film such as silk scape.

Otherwise maybe just get an air release permanent film maybe from oracal...I think the number is 3165ra.

If you're using a thinner film though be careful when applying that you don't stretch it because the panels will never match up, you may have to premask it.

Emd2kick

MacTac wallnoodle or wallpoodle...it’s 6 mil rigid. 1 is removeable other is perm. Will only work on the flatter surfaces, won’t make it around curves.

Maybe use a textured substrate to hide the imperfections, like a pano walk and wall?

GraphicsSource

Roodle is for large wall graphics and noodle is for smaller. Roodle is more aggressive so it can hold the weight of larger decals or panelled images.

CL Visual

I would probably use a textured lam over IJ180. I've done it before with the riverbed lamination and it hid a lot. Since it's all cast, it will conform well also.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm looking for a sturdy but flexible (if thats even possible) adhesive vinyl for a job. The job wall has lots of imperfections that the client wants to avoid showing, but they also need it to conform around baseboards. Any ideas? Inexpensive is also something they need as its a pretty big job.

I have a 54" HP 315 latex printer. Hoping to keep it under $300-$250 a roll

d

I have a 6 Mil Perm Adhesive vinyl that could do that for ya. Its in your price range also.