• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need a few ideas on this

Wraps ink

I have a project coming up and the client wants to cover these wall with a mural. I dont know if I should wrap the tile or put some kinds of board on the wall over the tile and wrap the board. If so what board would I use? and would the wrap stick to the tile being that there will be moisture in the area. I need some suggestions please

Attachments

• DSC00593.jpg
    DSC00593.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 105

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your bigger concern will probably be getting it clean enough to accept whatever you eventually decide on using. It looks like mold or mildew crawling up that back wall. In a humid room like that, I'm sure they used all kindsa chemicals to keep that place sterile. Your job, should you decide to take it... will be making sure you get it ALL off and prepped properly for installation of your choice.:wink:

Jwalk

It does look a little tricky. Of course I would Prep the tile properly and prime and then do a real mural.:noway:

We have wrapped a few walls of ceramic tile for our military base in their kitchens. It is right there on counters, and areas where they cook. It has worked great. We used 180cv3 with gloss lam. Just used the small 3m roller with heat, and goes right in the grout lines. Looks like tile again when it's all done.

Richo Man

I have a project coming up and the client wants to cover these wall with a mural. I dont know if I should wrap the tile or put some kinds of board on the wall over the tile and wrap the board. If so what board would I use? and would the wrap stick to the tile being that there will be moisture in the area. I need some suggestions please

I would be approaching this differently. I would apply your prints with over laminate as normal to Aluminum composite panel and using a strong bond anti mould wet area glue then attach them to the wall that way, I wouldn't even tackle applying print media to the tiles. Too many things could go wrong :Big Laugh

Nuagedesigns

180cv3 all the way. I would not recomend covering the tile with any sort of board or substrate. That has nightmare written all over it. At least with a vinyl film you will not get any mold or moisture behind it and it is easily cleaned. If you mount boards to the tile you are opening yourself up to an enviroment where water, moisture and mold will reak havoc behind the boards and not bee seen or be able to be acessed to be cleaned.

I would clean and prep the area properly then go to town with 3m vcat rollers and heat for the grout lines. A great design will make that pool room look amazing. Be sure to charge accordingly.