• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I Need A Mimaki Technician Asap

whitecamelinc

HELLO EVERYONE AGAIN!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW A MIMAKI TECHNICIAN IN NYC OR THE TRI-STATE AREA OF NY,NJ AND CT? I DEFINITELY GONNA HAVE TO GO FOR ONE BECAUSE MY MACHINE IS STILL HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE THE BLACK HEAD. IT ONLY REGISTERS HALF OF IT WHEN I DO THE DRAW TEST. I TRIED WITH THE SYRINGE AND ALSO WITH THE CLEANING FUNCTIONS OF THE MACHINE, BUT NOTHING SEAMS TO WORK. APPARENTLY THE PROBLEM IS THE DUMPER, HOPEFULLY IT IS. OTHERWISE IT IS GONNA BE THE HEAD IT SELF THAT BROKE AND IT IS GONNA LEAVE ME BROKE TOO!!!...ANYWAY GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE CAN PROVIDE ME WITH A CONTACT INFO OF A GOOD TECHNICIAN...

THANKS,
:help:help
HENRY

TheSnowman

Did you check to see if your pump is just out? I wasn't getting two of my colors in a test print, and it's just because my pumps were shot...replaced them, and about 30 mins later was back up and running...didn't have to have anyone come out. I deal w/ Advantage.

GB2

Old Member
Try calling Mimaki Headquarters in Boston and they can direct you to the quickest solution for your problem. Where exactly did you think you'd find a Mimaki Technician other than Mimaki?

Artgunner

Tubelite has techs trained via Mimaki. I have one in my hometown. And... one reason I chose the machine.

Tubelite... you owe me one. :Big Laugh

Art

whitecamelinc

Do Not Try Tubelite In Nj Ever!!

Do not ever try Tubelite here in NJ. They have the worse customer service ever! in addition to that, they do not have any technician to take care of the machines that they sell themselves. Shame on Tubelite!! I bought my printer over there, they promised me the best support but when technical problems happened they denied us they assistance due to their lack of personnel. Maybe in NC it is different but here that place is pretty bad.:covereyes:

jay higgs

I Have the same problum with my black print pattern on my mimaki jv3
I replaced the pump to the black and the damper and still nothing
could you let me know if you fix it and what the problum is.
Thanks Jay In Tampa

Last edited:

whitecamelinc

You got it!

Tomorrow,Monday I will replace the damper myself. I will let you know if that fixed or not the problem... wish me good luck because I have 4 huge jobs ahead for next week and I can not afford to screw them up!!!:cool1:

APC Tech NE

I am here

I am an independant Mimaki tech working in the New England area. I have been to NYC many times. Let me know if I can help.

Masseria

what's the printer model? jv3? jv33? jv5?...

that's what happend to me,but with cyan, and the printhead was dead.
You should try first.
1:Check Dampers and it's filters. if the dampers filters are clogged, you may want to pass them through a little cleaning solution to clean the filter. (you arent able to clean all the clogged parts, but it will improve its performance.)
I've ordered jv33 dampers from china, for 5 dollars each + free shipping.. i bought like 20. they work just fine....
2:Check Pump if it make any noise that arent normal or different than before you might want to change this.
3: Check Cap station, if the cap station is not working properly, you should change it.
4: leave printhead in nozzle wash for a enitre night.....
if you cant make it work after doing the first 4 steps then
5: make a manual head wash....

if this wont help its probably the printhead.

Hope it helps.

i recomend you not to call techinicians, i would start looking how to solve the machine problems my/yourself, mimaki are not difficult machines to repair you only have to lose the fear of braking it. i have changed 2 printheads, 1 damper, 1 pump... nothing wrong until now. jv33 is printing 24/7 since 3 weeks. including sat & sundays