• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help! Inner glow affect disappear in graphic,using Ai

what the

Owner/op
I have a project that needs to be printed. Its a gray swoosh with an inner glow...This is the part I have down...1) Created design and applied inner glow, 2)Expanded Appearance, 3)Flattened transparency with the preserve Alpha transparency checked,.... Then printed to make sure everything good- So far so good!
Now this is why I should be drinking right now: I need a blue (or background color) on this thing. When I put a background on (no matter if its in its own layer) I Loose all my inner glow!! Now I'm back to square one; Tried everything-Now it won't print! Please help

Bill Modzel

I rarely use effects in Illustrator but I think that your problem is that you expanded and flattened. In effect, you made the inner glow inactive. It's a "live" effect and you killed it by expanding it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
My guess:
Check the blending mode for the transparency the layer the effect is on. If it is set to multiply against a dark background it will disappear.
If that is the case set it to normal or additive to get it to show up.

wayne k
guam usa

MtnView

I have a project that needs to be printed. Its a gray swoosh with an inner glow...This is the part I have down...1) Created design and applied inner glow, 2)Expanded Appearance, 3)Flattened transparency with the preserve Alpha transparency checked,.... Then printed to make sure everything good- So far so good!
Now this is why I should be drinking right now: I need a blue (or background color) on this thing. When I put a background on (no matter if its in its own layer) I Loose all my inner glow!! Now I'm back to square one; Tried everything-Now it won't print! Please help

I can sometimes have that happen when I work with Corel. I found that if I publish the document to a pdf the effects are retained for printing.