• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need help/suggestions

mfatty500

I have a customers logo in Corel draw, and they need it converted so that they can use it on Amazon. They are requesting it to be 30 pixels X 120 pixels, after the conversion, what format do I send it to them to use? I hope I'am explaning this clear enough for you to understand.
Thanks

AKwrapguy

I have a customers logo in Corel draw, and they need it converted so that they can use it on Amazon. They are requesting it to be 30 pixels X 120 pixels, after the conversion, what format do I send it to them to use? I hope I'am explaning this clear enough for you to understand.
Thanks

You could just ask them what format they want it... I would suggest a .png with transparent background.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
It's such a simple process to save the image in whatever format - that I generally offer any & all formats the client asks for.
I do so as a courtesy and do not charge any extra fees to provide different formats, unless there is any revision request between the formats.
As for the Amazon logo - I'd generally provide it in transparent .png format, offering the small version, as well as a higher resolution format in .png and/or .jpg

SignsSupport

TimToad

It's such a simple process to save the image in whatever format - that I generally offer any & all formats the client asks for.
I do so as a courtesy and do not charge any extra fees to provide different formats, unless there is any revision request between the formats.
As for the Amazon logo - I'd generally provide it in transparent .png format, offering the small version, as well as a higher resolution format in .png and/or .jpg

SignsSupport

<heavy sarcasm> Are you nuts? If you aren't charging for every second of your time at a premium rate, you're being taken advantage of. Forget about the fact that without these customers our businesses wouldn't exist or that they may not be as technically sophisticated as we are. Screw the perceptions about us being too mercenary at times, we should be dinging them for anything we so much as breathe on for them.

It makes me proud to read an occasional post where the customer is not considered an adversary at all times and that some of us actually enjoy helping them as a routine part of our business model. Bravo to you.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
<heavy sarcasm> Are you nuts? If you aren't charging for every second of your time at a premium rate, you're being taken advantage of. Forget about the fact that without these customers our businesses wouldn't exist or that they may not be as technically sophisticated as we are. Screw the perceptions about us being too mercenary at times, we should be dinging them for anything we so much as breathe on for them.

It makes me proud to read an occasional post where the customer is not considered an adversary at all times and that some of us actually enjoy helping them as a routine part of our business model. Bravo to you.
LOL @ the sarcasm. My face flushed for a moment - then I read the 2nd paragraph.

I know a lot of people/businesses that would charge an arm & leg to provide extra formats. It's a bit of capitalistic greed IMO. I mean, it only takes an extra few seconds to save an already-designed image in different formats - so why not provide the courtesy. I've found that clients appreciate the courtesy so much that it actually ensures future business opportunities and inspires a certain loyalty in the client.

Thanks for sharing your sentiments TimToad :goodpost:

SignsSupport

TimToad

LOL @ the sarcasm. My face flushed for a moment - then I read the 2nd paragraph.

I know a lot of people/businesses that would charge an arm & leg to provide extra formats. It's a bit of capitalistic greed IMO. I mean, it only takes an extra few seconds to save an already-designed image in different formats - so why not provide the courtesy. I've found that clients appreciate the courtesy so much that it actually ensures future business opportunities and inspires a certain loyalty in the client.

Thanks for sharing your sentiments TimToad :goodpost:

SignsSupport

We get an awful lot of new and better work off of just being nice and accommodating. There are probably more than a dozen brick and mortar sign companies in a 20 mile radius of ours. We get quite a bit of feedback from customers about poor treatment at several others. Why get up in the morning if you aren't going to enjoy serving the public.