• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I think Staples knows more about my printing habits more than me.

showcase 66

I go threw a toner cartridge every 5-6 weeks. I always want to plan ahead and order some online at a better price. Never do.

I get emails from staples all the time about this and that. Today I got an email just after 12 saying: "Time to restock your Brother TN-420 Black Toner Cartridge"

pfft ya whatever.

At 8:08pm tonight, printer stops and the toner light is on. Wont print anymore.

touche Staples touche

Kinda scary they can learn you buying habits like that, that easy anymore.

Attachments

• staples.jpg
    staples.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 57

kanini

Worse than LinkedIn who suggests adding people you "might know"...
I ordered ink carts once that I needed the following day. I pointed that out to the seller. He said, "well, it could be a small upcharge on the freight". yea, whatever. The freight was 550 bucks (instead of the normal 15) when the 70 bucks of cartridges arrived. Don't do that.

ThinkRight

At 8:08pm tonight, printer stops and the toner light is on. Wont print anymore.

touche Staples touche

Kinda scary they can learn you buying habits like that, that easy anymore.

It is not staples.
That is google.
Google has been perfecting targeted ads for years.
Now I see that they have now included usage estimates in the algorithm.
I keep seeing ads for everything I search for , even though it was a misspelled search.(spelled wrong and the search was for something else closer the the wrong spelling)
Google knows more about all of us than our parents , and the government.
They have predicting software that knows what you will be thing about before you do.( based on pages you have been visiting)
Look up Red Lobster and a banner add for Tums is right there !