• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I wanna drag my new cutter behind my truck

I just want to cut some stickers for my shop some heat press material for shirts but noooooooooo........................................................................................
Help please.
I have the bridge pro720 and it has failed to respond when I use the cut command on both SignCut-X2 and Artcut. I have followed the directions in setting it up with USB and with LPT1(parallel port), set the baud settings correctly and everything. The test button on the actual plotter succesfully makes a box inside another box, but still no response when commanded from the computer. I am using windows xp Please for the love of god after 4 hours of trying someone please help me Thanks

Sign_Boy

I know on my buddies graphtec he had a problem like that it was a firewall issue for some reason (strange I never heard of that)

Did you try to reinstall the drivers?

Lunatic Taskbar

I had this issue once and it turned out to be the dam cable, is the cable known to be working with this plotter? If it is then look else where.

If it has never worked with this plotter do you have another. even a realy short one to try. did the plotter come with a cable. Just my 2c.

When all other avenues have been tried whats left...

Ian

iSign

no, seriously... not meaning to make fun of an unfun situation...
have you used the parallel port on that computer for anything else recently?
if so, it is helpful if you can say for sure that the port is functional & that the port you are plugged into, is in fact lpt1.

When you say no response, is that "none" at all... or just not cutting your job? Has that cable been used elsewhere to verify that it is good?

Do you have another cable, or another parallel port, or even another computer you can try? Trouble shooting is like solving a mystery & you need to gather as many clues as possible & investigate every piece of the puzzle.

If you want to take the plotter for a ride, maybe buckle it safely into the front seat... grab a few beers & your cutting software & find a friend willing to let you load the software and hook it up to his computer as a test. It could just be a setting, a port, or a cable... so don't take it out on the plotter just yet.

Craig Sjoquist

I had to switch to serial port ....even thoigh it worked fine in parallel port before I made some computer upgrades grrrr
welcome to a outstanding forum n ppl ..by the way

13 folds

Bogie

Well, I've got several grand worth of Graphtec that ain't working either. I know it must be something trivial...

I'm beat. Gonna go to bed.

Did about a grand this week, coulda done a bunch more with cutting...

I appreciate the posts It's a O4 chevy truck I'm using XP home the cable is new and I have never used the Parallel port (hp windows computer) And who doesn't love a fish sandwich. I think monday I will try getting a new Parallel cord I've given up on the usb if you think dragging the plotter with the wifes Ford explorer I'm game at this point Oh I'll disable the firewall too All kidding aside thanks for the suggestions and any others would be appreciated
The Falcon

ahollow

In WinXP, when you plug something into the USB port, it should try to recognize it, and show a dialog box in the bottom right corner. If you are not getting a dialog box, try some othe USB device (thumb drive, etc) to make sure the USB ports and drivers are working.

You can also right-click on My Computer, choose Properties, then Device Manager, then Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If anything is highlighted in that section, you have a USB problem.

Hope some of this helps.

Pro Image

You could draw and quarter it between your truck and her Explorer............:0)

Hope you can work it out...........

steve b

Control panel, printers, set that as your default....assuming that you have installed the new one. I also uninstalled my other printer....

steveb

steve b

Intstall the new plotter, then go to control panel, printer devices, set this new one as the default...For some reason I had to uninstall my other printer to get it to work.. Hope this helps

steveb

signage

When hooked up to either USB or Parallel does it show up in device manager? Are their any icons in device manager where it is hooked up (ie either USB or Parallel)?

JWILLIS

turn off the fire wall in nortons or mcafee...
magically will turn back on your plotter...
does for graftecs any way