• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I wanted to....

emitrepus

Hi guys, I just want to ask how to start a business like advertising company for printing tarpaulins and stuffs related to printing ads?

emitrepus

Can anyone suggest some materials and how to start the business cuz, i once worked in an advertising company as a graphic artist, i only design for the company and since im in a design room we cant go to the front desk which they transact things between customer and front desk

qmr55

Just buy a computer and one of them there vinyl cutter machines. You'll be making millions just like the rest of us in no time!

ironchef

Haha. Yea. I saw a $300 to 400 dollar plotter/software combo on signwarehouse.com. if you have a space for that. If not just outsource it. There's alot of wholesale printers now a days. Whatever you do. Don't open up shop across the street from your last/current employer.

emitrepus

thanks... what should i start, Vinyl cutting machine or tarpaulin printer? well i cant visit other forums cuz it's locked that's why for the mean time i have to ask anyone here in this forum

ironchef

This is the only forum i go to. I suggest cut vinyl at first. and outsource all your printed work. Find a merchant member on here. They got good prices.

emitrepus

anyone here from asia, since all i see here is from USA.... i really want to put up a business like this since its trending here in the philippines since they use signage using tarp and vinyls usually used to motorcycles and cars... anyway... hmmm still cant see other forum its locked!

qmr55

You can't see the other categories because you need a subscription.

Once you subscribe you get a free brochure called "how to build a sign company in 21 days" which should be all you need. It's really easy.

Yeah it's so easy a caveman could do it! Seriously....

TheSnowman

Ok, I've been on this forum like 7 years and have never heard of this. What the puff is a tarpaulin printer? I must be missing something.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ok, I've been on this forum like 7 years and have never heard of this. What the puff is a tarpaulin printer? I must be missing something.

Lost in translation, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say he's talking about banner printing. The canvas is essentially tarp material.

Dang Pat, you beat me to the punch...great minds think alike.

JB

ChicagoGraphics

tarpaulin not sure it's spelled correctly but they use that in europe for truck sides on semi trucks, aka 24oz. and higher scrim.

That brochure Pat mentioned really does works, it took me a month to learn the sign business, maybe I will pick up shop and move to the Philippines :banghead:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't pick up the brochure until next year's subscription comes out s201.064.828v. early in December. It promises to have special chapters on underbidding and beating out your competition with no money invested.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I wouldn't pick up the brochure until next year's subscription comes out s201.064.828v. early in December. It promises to have special chapters on underbidding and beating out your competition with no money invested.

And don't forget the new-and-improved "just one money" pricing model.

It's worked wonders for the dollar stores, so why not us?

JB

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Ahhhh here we go.

Welcome from Omaha! Buy a plotter first, not a printer. Start small and work your way up.