• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Icc profile for 3m ij35-10 / flexi / l25500

AUTO-FX

Can anyone recommend a profile for use with 3M IJ35-10 , hp L25500 , and Flexi 10.5

I just switched up from Oracal ( had great profiles ) and I'm not finding any output that's acceptable.
3M doesnt list any for use with Flexi. Why, I dont know.
I'm Sorry I bought this roll of 3M.

Thanks for any help

AUTO-FX

I use oracal 3621 with best results...all of 3m's profiles printed horrible...

Oh my gad, no kidding right?? OK thanks I'll try it.

I just went with the HP Adhesive gloss profile with some tweaks, and its acceptable.
Having a horrible time getting navy blue to not come out purple.

Prowraps suggested that is just the combo of Flexi and Latex. Not a good mix.

mgieske

We've never had luck with IJ35 in our L25 or L26. The liner doesn't deal with heat well and bubbles up. If you work it out please share your temp settings:)

AUTO-FX

Hey thanks, 3621 is pretty decent. But i cant wait to get through this roll of 3m. I hate it. And the fumes coming out of it before and after being heated are sickening.
I will stick with the Orafol. They all print beautifully.And they dont stink.

Mgeiske - Default heat, 55/110 i think. Didnt notice any warping or bubbles.

Snydo

In the past I've used Oracals 3641 profile on several types of 3M with pretty good results. We had a customer that required us to use 3M products for decals...long story short, after 3 months of running that garbage through our printers we told the customer goodbye. I really dont take issue with any of the cast 3M products as long as substantial color shifts in the vinyl dont bother you. But the cheap stuff that they ship in from China is absolutely garbage in every way.

AUTO-FX

OK so, I ended up with a decent profile for the 35-10 on my 25500

I started with the Oracal 3621 icc profile

Settings:

Temp = 55/110 Airflow 30
2bbp/ 12 pass/ low ink
vivid + 10
saturation + 15

It took me about 30 feet of vinyl to finally get this somewhat decent output.
This 35-10 really sucks as compared to Oracal films. Sheesh!:bushmill:

Peace, out

dypinc

OK so, I ended up with a decent profile for the 35-10 on my 25500

I started with the Oracal 3621 icc profile

Settings:

Temp = 55/110 Airflow 30
2bbp/ 12 pass/ low ink
vivid + 10
saturation + 15

It took me about 30 feet of vinyl to finally get this somewhat decent output.
This 35-10 really sucks as compared to Oracal films. Sheesh!:bushmill:

Peace, out

Gets really expensive to monkey around like this as opposed to just creating your own profile.

AUTO-FX

Agreed, but what about the part where "35-10 really sucks"
I figure it cost me maybe 50 bucks.
Wouldnt there be some monkeeing around with making a profile from scratch?
I dunno - I never startyed from scratch. Dont have the fancy electronic eye anyway...

But i DO have:bushmill:

dypinc

Making a profile from scratch takes all of about 4 or 5 feet of material and maybe 1/2 hour but most of that time can be spent doing something else while the printer is printing targets. Reading the targets total takes maybe 10 minutes. And remember with Latex the prints are dry to measure immediately.

AUTO-FX

Sounds easy. Ok then, so which spectrometer do you recommend? How much are they, anyway?
Should i use the color profiler in Flexi production manager or does the device come with its own?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Highly recommend the Gretag Macbeth Eye One Pro 2... I use it for calibration of screens and all print media. Far better results than ones provided by the manufacturers.

Making a profile from scratch takes all of about 4 or 5 feet of material and maybe 1/2 hour but most of that time can be spent doing something else while the printer is printing targets. Reading the targets total takes maybe 10 minutes. And remember with Latex the prints are dry to measure immediately.

You must be good. The fastest that I've ever completed a RIP media profile on the HP L255/ L265 is about 1 hour.

sonnyssigns

okay so 3m 35/10 is bad compared to oracal....all i use is IJ 35....and i have been getting problems with color shifting, especially in my gradients of gray....can anyone give me an idea why a gray gradient will have shifts of magenta and yellow in it, even if my profiles printed the same gradient before perfectly, and my nozzle checks are good....is it really my 3m ij35-10

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Weird. I all but dumped any Oracal intermediates in favor of IJ-35, for the HP Latex. The thicker liner is what did it, as it doesn't buckle due to the heat. All my Oracals did, and dropping the heat a little caused my inks to not cure properly and would smear.

edgegraphics

Sonnysigns, have you figured out if it was the 3M 35-10 that was causing the color shift in the greys your were printing. We have dealt recently with the same problem and was just wondering if that was the cause of it or if it was a printer issue. Thanks

dypinc

Sonnysigns, have you figured out if it was the 3M 35-10 that was causing the color shift in the greys your were printing. We have dealt recently with the same problem and was just wondering if that was the cause of it or if it was a printer issue. Thanks

Re-Linearization should be all you need to do.