• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC profile for JV33 Oracal 3165RA :)

stickermonkey

Hey Y'all!

I'm trying Oracal 3165RA for the first time today. I don't have a profile for it. As I'm usually 3M only. :) I've heard good things about Oracal films and since I've tried and liked some of their calendered and premiums for my plotter...I thought I'd try it with my printer too. I don't make any of my own profiles....so I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion or the actual profile to use. :)

thx and good morning!! :)

Letterbox Mike

If you go to Oracal's website they have profiles for just about every one of their medias for the JV33. Oracal's profiles are usually extremely good too so you should be able to print right out of the gate without any issues.

stickermonkey

If you go to Oracal's website they have profiles for just about every one of their medias for the JV33. Oracal's profiles are usually extremely good too so you should be able to print right out of the gate without any issues.

thx Insignia.....duh...I didn't even think of this. :)

Xplizt

Oracals profiles are complete garbage

I have to disagree with the comment about their profiles being "really good". Running Versaworks and a VersaCamm VS-420.. only TWO of their FOUR total profiles for my specific model and their specific material, actually work.

The first one is 1440 resolution which is only high quality. Their excuse is that it has to print high quality because it's using metallics (but even if I don't print metallics.. the print time is ridiculous). And the second one is 720 resolution and only prints standard quality (and actually prints quite aweful). I have no option to print a high quality print without metallics and turning the job time into more than triple what it would normally be when printing on a generic profile at high quality. (15 min generic high vs 52 min oracal high)

My generic vinyl profile prints great on the Oracal 3165RA when switched to high quality and when compared to the Oracals proprietary high res print.. it's almost identical.